switching bumpers

-

coleman

Reaction score
have a 75 duster want to switch out the killer bumpers and fillers. how would 70-72 dart bumpers look or do I need 70-72 duster bumpers? thanks

I like the look. i bit of modifications required. I will try and attach a couple of pictures, otherwise pm me and i can take detailed pictures and send them to you.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 189
I like that even better than the snow plow! :)
vbpgimage.php

I could probably use that in my driveway in the winter

sorry coleman - I got distracted. You can do what you are proposing but be careful, it can look good if done right or really really bad and out of place if not... see 72bluNblu below for an example of a great look!

In the back you need a '70-72 Duster bumper and mounts. One of the mounting holes for the earlier brackets just needs to be drilled, piece of cake. The other is a little more complicated because the mounting hole needs to be near the middle of the much larger hole where the shock bumper goes through the rear crossmember. There's a couple of solutions, depending on your skills. If you have access to a welder, you can just weld a flat plate into the crossmember to fill the shock mount hole. If you don't have access to a welder you can make a bracket that mounts to the frame where the original shock mount bolted in and goes out to locate the 70-72 bracket.

Here's a "how to" on what I did with my '74 Duster to convert it to the earlier bumper style...http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970342487&postcount=70

Before and after...

IMG_5222_zps27c2398d.jpg

IMG_5238_zps8c2c1f04.jpg

In the front you would also need to use a Duster bumper because the Dart uses a lower valance. But there are some differences with the nose of the car, so I'm really not sure how well it would work. I cheated, I installed an entire '71 Dart front clip to change my car over to look like a '71 Demon.

that looks really good. i'm going to give it a shot. now to start looking for bumpers and brackets.

Don't think the Dart bumpers will work because they have a valance panel under both front and back, You want a bumper that goes all the way down like the original or it'll probably look weird (that's a technical term). How would you mate the valance to the fender???

have a line on 74-76 fiberglass bumpers what do you think? has anybody use these? pics please if you did. how did they mount?

-
Back