Switching from 904 to 727 column shifter

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
OK so I have been reading up on the SB 904 trans swap to the SB 727 trans and the column shift linkage. I have all the 904 column shift linkage but from what I am reading the 727 needs a shorter rod from the frame bracket to the trans bracket, and also looks like it takes a different bracket that mounts to the trans for the shaft to slide into. The arm that goes back to the trans lever looks to be different also, the 727 lever has a small hole in it for the rod to connect to the lever where the 904 rod has a nylon grommet in it that used to just pop into place then the rod was secure. So my question is are they different and if so does any one have the parts that I need to connect the linkage up on this 1974 scamp 318 with a 727 and a column shift. I am also looking for the dust shield for this SB 727 and am I better off getting a 727 yoke and having my drive shaft shortened 4" or is it possible to find the correct drive shaft for the 727 that I have just installed in this car.
Thanks
Bob

I have removed the 727 and have gone back to the 904, everything fits as it should and I have been told that I will enjoy the 904 much better for the Scam beings that it is just a stock 318 with air. Thanks to all who have chimed in.
Bob

-
Back