Switching from a manual foot pump to electric

-

Red63440

Olddawg
Reaction score
My 68 has a manual foot pump for my windshield washers and I would like to convert to electric. From past experiences if I remember correctly I would have to find a wiper switch that has the washer option built into it. The dash harness connector should accept the new switch but I can't remember if the connector is in the engine bay harness for the washer pump from the factory, does anyone have any info?

I did that and ended up installing a SPST momentary push button switch on the dash, just to the right of the wiper switch.

I did that and ended up installing a SPST momentary push button switch on the dash, just to the right of the wiper switch.

Was the other part needed to connect to the pump already in the engine bay harness?

You will also have to look on the schematic to see what part of the connector the wire is supposed to come out of. Yours is probably blank (missing the wire) cause you had the foot pump. Of course you don't have to use the wiring harness, you can always run a separate wire to the pump from your switch.

I'm doing the same thing. I had to replace my Firewall bulkhead connectors (another story), and took the opportunity to run the control wire for the windshield washer pump motor per the factory electrical diagrams. Should be a brown wire run from the wiper switch thru contact M of the bulkhead connector and to the pump. The other contact on the pump s/b grounded. My problem is finding the correct wiper switch.......

I'm doing the same thing. I had to replace my Firewall bulkhead connectors (another story), and took the opportunity to run the control wire for the windshield washer pump motor per the factory electrical diagrams. Should be a brown wire run from the wiper switch thru contact M of the bulkhead connector and to the pump. The other contact on the pump s/b grounded. My problem is finding the correct wiper switch.......

I just need the correct one for a 68 Barracuda.

I would guess it will be the same one for my 68 GTS Dart. If you come across one (or the P/N), please pass me the info. I've tried with no luck so far.

Well... I strongly suggest you guys hop on over the mymopar.com Over there they have the parts manuals that cover the years you are asking about. I downloaded the 69 manual (funny enough, I dont own a 69), but I am guessing the switch should be the same between the 67-69. but in the 69 manual this is what I found:

for the switch w/shield washer the part number is 2770 378. This is the same part number as the variable speed motor. If you would like to verify this, the switch is covered in section 23-67-160

Well... I strongly suggest you guys hop on over the mymopar.com Over there they have the parts manuals that cover the years you are asking about. I downloaded the 69 manual (funny enough, I dont own a 69), but I am guessing the switch should be the same between the 67-69. but in the 69 manual this is what I found:

for the switch w/shield washer the part number is 2770 378. This is the same part number as the variable speed motor. If you would like to verify this, the switch is covered in section 23-67-160

Thanks, downloaded the one for 1968, cause I do have one.

-
Back