Switching from Edelbrock 750 to 600 CFM

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I am switching out my 750CFM Edelbrock Carburetor to a Edelbrock 600 CFM. My question is.. What differences should I expect with a smaller CFM Carb? 340 punched out to .030 with Racepro Cam and Pistons. Edelbrock Performer Intake. Thanks.

First off, why are you changing it? What are you wanting to accomplish? You can probably expect better throttle response....that is if the 750 was too big. Might pick up a few MPG.....no tellin.

The old 750 is getting tired and needs a complete rebuild and cleaning. The 600 I found on E Bay last year and got it for a nice price and is fairly new. Decided it was time for a change. If anyone out here needs a used 750 Eddy, make me an offer.

Ya, geez. The old AFBs are one of the easiest carbs to tear down, clean, and put together you will find. All the "picchhers" are over at Edelbrock's site

I have run both carbs on my 360,and like them both.
I think you will be suprised with the 600. Very snappy carb, all in all works well.
The only difference I can tell between the two, is the top end.
The 750 takes over once you get into the upper RPM's.
Not by much, but it does.
Curently I am running the 750, but would have no problem switching back to the 600.

I really don't think you will feel the difference..... The doors on the 600 are lighter than the 750.

The 600 might be quieter, LOL.

Did you ever tune the 750? In factory form, the 750 is too rich for most 340's around.

I have run both carbs on my 360,and like them both.
I think you will be suprised with the 600. Very snappy carb, all in all works well.
The only difference I can tell between the two, is the top end.
The 750 takes over once you get into the upper RPM's.
Not by much, but it does.
Curently I am running the 750, but would have no problem switching back to the 600.

I agree and you can run either carb properly set up. I prefer the larger carb on 340 & 360 motors but that's just me.

Carb was tuned when new 8 yrs ago. Just got too old to bother putting $ into it to rebuild. I have installed the 600 and I am very happy with it. Much better throttle response and the car idles better.

-
Back