SXL? GXL? TXL?

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Be building a ECM harness. Any suggestions on which wire to use? Read someplace that TXL is what the factories used but it was on an Internet forum....so....

No problem. Let me know if you need help finding wire and such. I bought enough to rewire my whole car.

The link I provided is a great source.

Riddler

No problem. Let me know if you need help finding wire and such. I bought enough to rewire my whole car.

The link I provided is a great source.

Riddler
Would you mind sharing some of your suppliers, assuming that I can use them here in the states. When I wired the chopper a few years back I used Del City for most of it. I did find a place here in Washington that had incredibly low prices on certain things...namely Weatherpack stuff.
Interesting fact I found out the hard way...when I was putting the lift pump in my truck. Not all Weatherpack housings are created equal. The ones that came with the pump had a locating tab. Checked the ones that came on my truck, from Del City, NAPA and the ones I got from the shop here...none had the tab...
Thanks again...

Yeah of course....

I used WireBarn to purchase wire as he's located in Detroit, MI area which is close to me so I saved on shipping. His wire is really nice as well and he sells on ebay. I then used a few other online sources for wire, mostly the larger stuff, I'll get the links after work.

Connectors I found a local parts supplier carried everything I needed. I'll get the brand for you. But they were good ones with the locator tabs.

Some of the specific connectors I had to find online with many different sources. I'll find my paperwork and update.

I also checked out Del City but was discouraged by their customer service when I called asking questions.

Riddler

Hi inkjunkie,
SXL, GXL, and TXL all fall under the same spec, but SXL has the thickest jacket, GXL a bit thinner than SXL jacket, and TXL has the thinnest jacket. I understand that painless wiring, ford, and gm all use TXL. I'm not sure about Chrysler/Dodge. Ron Francis and Coach Controls use GXL in their custom wiring harnesses.

Travis

Last edited:
-
Back