T-bar question

-

Bunker45

Reaction score
I am working on a 70 dart. rebuilt all front end parts including the LCA. Replaced the torsion bars (old slant 6) with 340 bars. Passenger slid right in. Had a harder time getting the driver side in. Had to remove the a-arm bump stop. Problem is, I can not get the bump stop back in. there is not enough space to put it in. I thought after i installed the engine, it would drop enough. Doesn't seem to have moved at all.

When I check the clock position on the rear of bar, the line on the bar points toward the 2:00 position. On the parts car (71 dart), the line points more toward 10:00 for the same side, Driver side.

Do I have the bar clocked in the wrong position?
Thanks

Your problem is most likely in the lower control arm adjuster. The socket portions tend to stick in position so you may have to force it around to the position where your bar will insert.

I did some checking again this AM. Thanks for reply mguner. I have everything assembled and have for a few months. I cleaned the parts car bar off and noticed that the L was on the top side of the bar, meaning it is upside down. I checked the restoration car and it was also upside down. both clocked with the line where I stated above, 70 at 2;00 and the parts car more like 10:00

Clocking is not nearly as important as left and right and front and back. Put one in backwards or wrong side and they will snap!

Ok. I will recheck front to back placement. If I remember, the rear states bar size and left or right correct? Still not sure why the front has not settled to allow installation of the bump stop. The pass side a arm is 1/2 or more above the stop.

-
Back