T56 Bellhousing

-

slimjim

Reaction score
Installed the bellhousing onto a new T56 Magnum… and things definitely look off. What am I missing here?
*Bellhousing is for a 96 viper v10

BE7962C5-FAD0-497E-9E9A-62529FC10495.jpeg

5FE1A91E-719F-4D7F-90ED-4D2488BE10CB.jpeg

No throw out bearing support ? looks like the bolts holding the trans to bell could be longer, I like to see the bolts coming to the end of the hole.

No throw out bearing support ? looks like the bolts holding the trans to bell could be longer, I like to see the bolts coming to the end of the hole.
The bolts were ordered specifically for the T56M to viper Bellhousing. They thread in about 6-7 threads (1/2 inch).

I took the throw out bearing off for the time being. The missing bolt hole on the right side and the awkward gaps are throwing me off

2 bolts missing next to each other, another reason for the longer bolts in the trans. 1/2" depth on a 10m bolt is probably just enough to be good enough. If I have 1" of threads I like to use them all. More is better than just enough.

As the holes in the bell, 1 for the hydraulic feed to the bearing, the top slot is for the bleed tube for the bearing, the big hole towards the bottom is for a fork with the slave cyl in the outside of the trans. Two different set ups. That is my best guess.

It is said that maximum clamping force from a fastener can be obtained with a thread depth (engagement) of 2-1/2 times nominal diameter.
10mm bolt, 25mm of thread depth engagement. As a general rule.

It is said that maximum clamping force from a fastener can be obtained with a thread depth (engagement) of 2-1/2 times nominal diameter.
10mm bolt, 25mm of thread depth engagement. As a general rule.
And in aluminum, using the max thread engagement possible is a lot more important than in steel or you risk stripping the threads.

RqoewA5Ciskb5BNlsCYHPGQPJwnqpaDC_1_cag1MrjQ9nPQbqzLPJwUG_psUoGPj3j_vlzWy=w703-h937-no?authuser=1.jpg

This is the T56 Magnum with a Quicktime on my 340. The thing you have to know that an aftermarket T56 Magnum is really a Tremec TR6060 and therefore isn't the same as an old T56 like a viper. So they may have moved the bolt. But the gaps and the one unused bolt hole is normal as you see above.

-
Back