tach bouncing???

-

sthorvictor75du

Reaction score
ok i was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with my car issue... so here i go... my 69 383 under full acceleration, the tach bounces/ or twitches, i only notice it once in a while.. the second issue im having, is that while driving down the highway at a constant speed it feels like the car is pulling, then coasting for a brief fraction of a second and happens over and over again but i dont notice it under acceleration whether its hard or normal just slightly pressing down on the accelerator..and i have no idea what it could be, im open to suggestions if any one has an idea... thank allot guys!

if your throttle cable is to short, torque, bumps,flex in turns will move your motor pulling the throttle a little bit both ways. as far as the tac if your ground and power is good look into that green wire that may hook to the distributer. does she still run good at high rpms any missing or power loss.(could be a few things mine has done that before)

if your throttle cable is to short, torque, bumps,flex in turns will move your motor pulling the throttle a little bit both ways. as far as the tac if your ground and power is good look into that green wire that may hook to the distributer. does she still run good at high rpms any missing or power loss.(could be a few things mine has done that before)

ok ill loosen my throttle cable and try that when theres less snow, as far as i know i think i had to tighten it because i wasn't getting full throttle response..but it makes sense, i mainly notice it on the highway going over some of the new pavement, as far as the high rpm's i haven't noticed any actual power loss, i mainly notice it though if i back the timing a hair, but if i put the timing back to advance i occasionally get pinging, so im running 100 ll av gas through it, and i don't notice it as much, but when i back the timing its more regular..ill check the green wire, should be ok, the ignitions new, but ill check any ways.. thanks

-
Back