tach wire location?

-

gmachinedart1

Reaction score
could anyone show me a picture or describe to me where the grey tach wire is supposed to come through the fire wall on a 69 cuda.The car Im working on is a 340 clone and was not equipped with a factory tach,but is now being converted to a rally dash setup.From what I can see in the factory schematic the wire should feed through a rubber grommet .

thanx,justin
[email protected]

I can't guarantee this is the proper one but it looks like it. I have a picture in a Barracuda/Challenger musclecar book that shows a 69 Cuda that is a 340-S car and I see in the engine compartment there's what looks like a single grey wire running through a grommet that's located about 6 inches up and to the PS of the speedo cable outlet. Also this is about 2 inches up and to the DS of the main wiring harness hold down. The wire appears to be running down towards the coil but the air cleaner blocks the pix so I can't see where it actually goes. My 68 Cuda (an original low perf. 318 car) and pictures of other Cuda's don't even have this hole punched out. Mine just has a dimple there. Hope this helps.

-
Back