Tachometer circuit board repair kits

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The factory tach in my Barracuda worked but was extremely slow responding. I could rev the engine to 4000 rpm with another tach and the factory one would be barrely past 2000 when I backed off. Given time it would catch up and read accurately. I called RT about whether their board would fix this and was told no.

I went for an after repro tach from Year One. They had tw different dial faces and I am not sure which one was correct for my car but the tach works great and looks good in the dash.

Can someone post a picture of the correct tach fave for a 1969 ralley dash?

Thanks

Sorry I forgot to mention the car is a 69 Barracuda Formula S 340 4 speed with ralley dash and 150 MPH speedo.

I have the rt and it works quite well. Some will depend on the condition of your
original movement as you are only replacing the pcb.

Mine was jumpy and erratic, the RT one works so well now, I pull the Autometer
one I had on the column.

I got the RT kit for my tach and it worked great in my 67 fish. The old electronics just took a dump and I could not find a schematic for it so I thought I was hosed till I found their ad in a Mopar magazine. Good luck.

Thanks for the comments. I checked a few sites for the repro tachs and they all seem to go to 8000 RPM vs. the pictures I have seen in brochures that are 6000 RPM and the one in my dash is also 6000 RPM. What gives?

Mine is the factory tach and it goes to 6000 RPM. I rarely rev my engine that high, if ever. If I went to 8000 I probably have an expensive pile of bolts. Most of us don't have race engines due to lack of funds. I guess it all depends on your application.

Thanks for the comments. I checked a few sites for the repro tachs and they all seem to go to 8000 RPM vs. the pictures I have seen in brochures that are 6000 RPM and the one in my dash is also 6000 RPM. What gives?

The repro one I have goes to 8000 rpm. I would imagine the reason they all do is because in general aftermarket tachs go to 8000 and 6000 rpm movements are not available.

My 360 revs to 6500+ rpm with little effort even though as a rule I keep to 6000 max so it is nice to be able to read past 6000.

-
Back