Tactical Scopes. Lets see them.

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a couple of Tactical scopes. I've been looking at the Eotech EPS2-0 and the Burris AR 332. Both rate really high. All opinions welcome. I'm looking to spend $600.00 or less per scope. Thanks, MMG8)

Attachments

• Eotech EPS2-0.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Burris A332.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 166
Got to love that word "tactical".....it gets added to a scope, flash light what have you and the price goes up accordingly.....

Got to love that word "tactical".....it gets added to a scope, flash light what have you and the price goes up accordingly.....

Hello brother. I didn't realize how many scopes are on the market now. I haven't bought one in years.

What are you planning on using the gun for? I use a eotech on my patrol rifle,love it. If I was planning on 100+yrd shots I would prob go with a 3x trijicon ACOG. For a Hunting rifle in brush both work well too. For longer range or varmit hunting I like Nikon and Leopold. Cabelas makes a budget scope that has a .223 bullet drop compensator that a buddy of mine swears by.

Hope I helped,

What are you planning on using the gun for? I use a eotech on my patrol rifle,love it. If I was planning on 100+yrd shots I would prob go with a 3x trijicon ACOG. For a Hunting rifle in brush both work well too. For longer range or varmit hunting I like Nikon and Leopold. Cabelas makes a budget scope that has a .223 bullet drop compensator that a buddy of mine swears by.

Hope I helped,

I'm planning on using the scopes for target shooting and personal defense. I've always loved the challenge of long distance shooting but would like to get a scope for both short and long distance. The Eotech is proven to be a great scope and so is the ACOG, Leopold brands. For about 325.00, the Burris AR332 seams to cover both long and short shots. How's the EOTECH for longer shots? MMG

Do you really think you're gonna have to use a scope for "personal defense"? I mean......do you know somethin we don't? lol do tell.

I have a cheap NCStar on mine ($115 on Amazon) and it's holding up better than I expected. It has a scope (3-9) illuminated reticle, and BDC with a red dot. The wife wouldn't let me send a bunch on the scope after I bought the rifle. So I'm saving up. But it works for now. BTW mine is for plinking and coyotes, my life doesn't depend on it. Not sure what you are looking for.

http://www.ncstar.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=444

I have an EOTECH on my issued rifle. I really like the fact that I can keep both eyes open while shooting. And it is just like a laser scope but the bad guy doesn't see the red dot on his buddies head just before it goes splat. No matter where your head is in relation to the weapon whereever that red dot is is where it is gonna hit.

I have an EOTECH on my issued rifle. I really like the fact that I can keep both eyes open while shooting. And it is just like a laser scope but the bad guy doesn't see the red dot on his buddies head just before it goes splat. No matter where your head is in relation to the weapon whereever that red dot is is where it is gonna hit.
How's the EOTECH for long shots?

We have to qualify with targets up to 300 meters. I usually hit the 300s but miss the 250s, don't ask me why.

I'm using a Buriis XTR 14 and I love it. 1x is true one power and you can keep both eyes open, reticle is balisitically calculated for the NATO 5.56 round to over 600 yards. Super clear optics, long eye relief and guaranteed forever, built right here in Greeley Colorado.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtrtactical1.html

I'm using a Buriis XTR 14 and I love it. 1x is true one power and you can keep both eyes open, reticle is balisitically calculated for the NATO 5.56 round to over 600 yards. Super clear optics, long eye relief and guaranteed forever, built right here in Greeley Colorado.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtrtactical1.html
That's pretty sweet. I'll check it out, Thanks brother.

You're welcome. With any type of "Dot" scope, it's difficult to calculate for wind, elevation, spin drift, etc. With the reticle on the XTR, it's much easier.

How's the EOTECH for long shots?

I took out a hog on the run at about 75 yards at night with one shot with my eotech, thats the longest real world/action shooting Ive made with mine. I would have prob not even been able to find the thing through a scope. Long shots are great as long as your vision is good. They make a 3x magnifier for the eotechs that sound like a good idea. I work with three or four guys that were in Iraq or Afghanistan and both swear by the ACOGS simply for the magnification and the ability to calculate hold over. With an eotech its just a guess beyond 300 yards.

Statistics show any shot you take for self defense will prob be up close and personal. I would rather take a long gun to any gunfight but if you are planning on using it in your house forget the AR and get a 12gauge pump with a 18 to 20 inch barrel. The only reason I carry an AR in my car on patrol is cause that's all they will allow us to carry. If it was my decision I would carry something of the .30 cal persuasion. Maybe a semi-auto .308 or the .450 Bushmaster. I'm not one to "spray and pray" so I like the rounds I do send down range to be show stoppers. This all is just MHO ultimately its your call....

My setup since you asked for pics.
IMG-20120219-00929.jpg

Thanks JCMINNI30 for the pictures and reply. I purchased the Burris AR-332 for My M&P 15 pictured below. This scope provides a 3X fixed power and seems to provide for both close quarter and long distance that I was looking for. The scope has an illuminated reticle in both red and green with a ballistic drop compensation out to 500 yards. In addition, If the batteries fail the reticle stays black. Third, I will be setting up this weapon with a close quarter, holographic display like the EOTech made by Burris. My next purchase this week will be the EOTech for my Patrolman's AR15 that I just bought about 3 weeks ago. They just had a great sale on the NATO Green tip, 62 grain, 223 penetrator round, so I bought a 1000 rounds.(Video also included) Stay safe out there and God Bless. Christopher

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6gHCNMSbqQ"]5.56 mm NATO "Green Tip" vs. 1/4" Steel at 200 Yards - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• M&P 15 Scope.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 83
-
Back