Tail lights

-

lens65valiant

Reaction score
Hello guys i have a 1965 plymouth valiant also known as the dodge dart for my american friends, my driverside tail light turns on but wont blink the middle white lens wont turn on at all, also none of my gauges work except an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, it was a slant six swapped to a 318 when the car is is running the interior lights and front lights are fine when i put it into drive the kind of flicker too, my middle (white tail light fell off) too I gorrilla glued it back on any other ideas as to what i could use ive included a pic of what my tail lights look like

20160515_203452.jpg

IMG_20160130_172829.jpg

Not sure but to get you started

1....Go to MyMopar and download a free service manual and wiring diagram

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

2...Inspect the sockets internally for corrosion, etc and GROUND. Sockets must be grounded

3....Test and inspect bulbs. you realize? The dual contact lamps have two filaments, essentially two bulbs in one

4.....NOW you can remove the left kick panel and access the connector for the rear lamp harness. You can ALSO access the turn signal switch connector coming out of the column. Referring to the diagrams, and the correct wire colors, the TAIL power should be hot anytime park or headlights are on

LEFT and RIGHT turn signal wires should of course flash with left and right turn, and the BOTH should be hot when the switch is centered and the BRAKE pedal is pushed.

With the key "in run" and the transmission is in reverse, you can check for power for the backup lamps

5.....If all this works, now you know the problem(s) are between the kick panel connector and the rear of the car. MOST LIKELY is problems at the bulbs and sockets, or a pinched / damaged harness where the rear seat sits

Thank you all my lights work except for the left turn signal and brake lights i do have an electronic flasher

-
Back