Tail Lights

-

Shane

Reaction score
Hey all!

So the time has come for me to tidy up some of the minor things I have been putting off.

My tail lights need to be re chromed, and the lens are shot. I seen taht you can buy just the lenses.

My question is, how hard is it to take out/install lens in the tail light housing??

Is there a post that shows the process??

Thanks
Shane!

It is very simple as the lenses are held in by four little screws. If you have 68 there is an additional piece that is attached to the bezel that is not reproduced that is held in by clips. Taking those off and not breaking the mounting studs can be interetsing. PG Classic, BE&A Restoration and Laysons has both the bezels and lenses. If you have the 68 the gaskets for the inside piece are not included with the main lens. Detroit Muscle Technologies has the gasket set (and other neat goodies).

just so you know, getting those re chromed can be very exspensive. if they are pitted bad and need to be filled thats gonna cost you even more. sand them down as nice as possible and get them looking the best you can before you bring them to someone and ask for a price. i know cause ive been working in a chrome shop my entire life haha. goodluck

-
Back