tail panel swap in progress

-

2 fast z28

Reaction score
hay guys im doing the tail panel swap on my 76 dodge dart swinger i have one question to the people that have done this already now i noticed that the trunk floor line doesnt match the older style tail panel do i just cut off the lip of the trunk and how much do i take off if u guys have some pics of this that would be awesome. thanks

hay guys im doing the tail panel swap on my 76 dodge dart swinger i have one question to the people that have done this already now i noticed that the trunk floor line doesnt match the older style tail panel do i just cut off the lip of the trunk and how much do i take off if u guys have some pics of this that would be awesome. thanks

Pics would help.

I have parts here in florida reasonable.....have the dual tailllight bumper or the four tailllight bumpers, quarter panels valance panels whatever you need

Are you putting a new '76 tail panel on?

I ran into a similar situation when I used a later model ('74) trunk pan on my '72 Duster. The '74 trunk pan had an indent along the rear edge, where the Duster's tail panel was flat. I welded the trunk pan where it did meet, and used 2-3 thicknesses of scrap sheet metal to fill in the gap where the trunk pan had the indent. After it was welded up and seam sealer applied you couldn't tell the difference.
C

What year are you changing to? I know on my 75 Duster to Demon swap the trunk panel lip was different due to the shock mounts of the 74+ cars. Not sure how similar a Swinger would be but it looks to me like you can just adjust it some with a hammer. I would mock it up and see what it looks like first.

Have not welded mine on yet but for me it looks like I a just going to start welding it on then when I get to that area just beat it some on both sides till it is flush then weld her up. It will be hidden buy the bumper on one side and should be covered up buy seam sealer on the other.

tryed up loading pics but having a hard time but i converting a 76 to a 72 rear bumper after looking at some more pics of the guys that did this swap i think i have an idies what i have to do now thanks for the help

-
Back