Taillight Bezels for Duster

-

BarryC

'74 Duster 360
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone tried the 74 Duster taillight bezels from PG Classics? Got some for Christmas, but they don't fit right. The pins line up alright but they wont lay flat against the tailpanel like the originals. Anyone have any comments or ideas?

Thanks

I bought a set off another member here. Not sure if these were from PG Classics. They fit alright except they did not sit flat so I ended up going to Auto Zone and purchasing the new speed nuts for the pins as they were not the same thickness as the originals, I had to force the speed nuts on to the new posts with a socket and after much wrangling with them, I was able to get the new bezels to sit flat against the tail panel. The speed nuts actually needed to groove in new threads into the plastic pins. As I stated before, I am not sure if these were from PG Classics.

Thanks dustermaniac. How far off the panel did they sit and where was the gap at?

Anyone else??

About 3/8" off on the corners.I ended up just drawing the nuts down a little at a time very slowly and kind of pressing in on the bezels while cutting the new threads. This method seemed to work out well but believe me, I was worried I would snap a mounting pin so take it really slow and use new speed nuts as the sharp edges will cut nice grooves into the pins. I also needed to purchase about three sets of various sized packages of these speed nuts because i was not able to get them all the same size in one package. You should find these in the "Help" section.

I had the same problem with some originals that I found in the junk yard. After I got them cinched down with he tail light the gap went away.

-
Back