Tailpipe/Header question

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Im Working on my 66 Dart that will have a 408 put in it with auto trans. Was reading the TTI exhaust site on their exhaust system that when you move your rear springs in you have to run a fuel cell to have room for the tail pipes. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so what did you do with your exhaust. I can bring it out in front of the back tire but prefer to have them come out the back.
If possible please post pics of your exhaust systems and what type of headers you are using on your early "A" cars.
Thank You
Rodney

I used the TTI exhaust system on my 67 Barracuda with the rear springs moved in 3/4 on each side and I had to shorten the tail pipes were they went over the rear axle by 2" but that was all I needed to do to the rear part of the exhaust system the H-pipe had to be widen 4" because of the with of the headers on a Hemi

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Picture 018.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 014.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Picture 017.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 154
Hemi446, thanks for the pics. The system you have is very nice looking and fitting. I am wondering if the tailpipe fitment once the springs are moved in is because of the clearance between the gas tank and springs or because of the rear shocks moving in. Guess I need to wait until I get that far.
Thanks for the information.
Rodney

-
Back