Take it off baby... yes yes!

-
How long did it take for your Dart to be painted?

The story is kind of complicated because there was a break between when the engine bay and underside were painted/under coated and the rest of the car. But overall, the paint part of the job took a couple of weeks from body prep to paint to reassembly of panels before final assembly of the car. And that was probably pretty quick. But then final assembly still took a couple months. And I think they had to go back and do a couple of touch-ups.

So a bit of a discouraging update, I was very hopeful in the beginning that the work would be done quickly and professionally. Now the project is almost 2 months overdue. The work that has been completed seems to be high quality and I expect photos of color completed any day but I have never ever had my car out of my garage for such a long period of time let alone in pieces.

So a bit of a discouraging update, I was very hopeful in the beginning that the work would be done quickly and professionally. Now the project is almost 2 months overdue. The work that has been completed seems to be high quality and I expect photos of color completed any day but I have never ever had my car out of my garage for such a long period of time let alone in pieces.

I would suggest just be patient. No need to get in a hurry. It will be worth it once you finally do have the car done.

Yes I keep telling myself that, but myself is tired of hearing that LOL. I do have a positive update today...
IMG_20201114_151228582.jpg

Yes it's very exciting to finally see the ending in site. He was hoping to have it pretty much wrapped up by this Friday.

Last edited:
-
Back