Tall big block valve covers

-

DusterDale

Reaction score
I Have a set of tall stamped big block valve covers. I plan on using them in this Duster 440. Im sure the fan blower wont clear. I read that these are harder to find. Can someone enlighten me on the availability on these factory steel tall covers?

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 165
They are later model years. Can't remember exactly 74-78 would be close.
They may work under the blower motor as well as the earlier covers since they are taller
more inboard than the ends.
I like the looks of those. Post some pictures if they work.

The chrome ones without the clips on them were offered by direct connection back in the 80s as an over the counter chrome accessory. They were discontinued a long time ago. They are still around in good shape for about 100 bucks or so. I just bought a beautiful pair for 80. The factory covers with all the clips were a mid 70s deal

Lets identify these Valve covers! Ill post the other one tomorrow

Attachments

• tallcover.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 136
Anyone have more data about this valve cover? I'll clean up the other and post them both... Thanks my FABO friends,
Dale

Those are common truck, van, motorhome covers from the 70s. I have several pair. They usually have a good sized sticker on the driver side top with all engines available that year and a hole punched that identifies the engine they are on. All kinds of widjits are welded on them to hold wire looms/holders or whatever. Probably not the best choice for an RB A body application if clearance issues are a concern- sometimes they wont even fit a pickup if it has the large diameter brake booster. I have some with exhaust heat shields on them.

Those are common truck, van, motorhome covers from the 70s. I have several pair. They usually have a good sized sticker on the driver side top with all engines available that year and a hole punched that identifies the engine they are on. All kinds of widjits are welded on them to hold wire looms/holders or whatever. Probably not the best choice for an RB A body application if clearance issues are a concern- sometimes they wont even fit a pickup if it has the large diameter brake booster. I have some with exhaust heat shields on them.

will they clear roller rockers, and a .600 lift cam ?

Cool folks thanks for the info. I'll clean em up and try to use them. I'm already planning on a blower motor mod to clear that interference spot.

They clear the blower on my 383 GTS. I know the 440 is taller, but I have plenty of room as you can see

Attachments

• WIN_20160115_134344.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 92
-
Back