Tallest And Widest

-
Well guys. Just got back in from the garage. Measured the axle
in the Duster. It measured out to about 51 in. backing plate to
backing plate. I would say it's a good old A body rear.
The guy didn't know what he was talking about.

100_1177.jpg

hey mikesduster you don't happen to have any pics of the 28-11.50's do ya, and how much clearance do you have and how good do they hook?

my tires are hitting the springs with the 275/60/15 wth???
Any body help please

there the 15x8 ralley wheels that i just got becasue my other ones are rusted and need to be re painted, so i got 2 15x8 for racing and had 2 14x4 for the front already

Offset spring hangers would be the best solution. Moves the springs in about .75" per side. You have to have new perches welded onto the axle tubes & do a bit of grinding on the frame rails to make the front hangers fit. Another solution would be to use wheel spacers, if you have the room at the wheel lip. Not as good but works in a pinch. They're easy to find in the 4.5" bolt pattern.

Do you know the back spacing ? 15X8s with 4.5" usually fit but every car is different. You can use a thing spacer to move them out a bit but make sure you have enough wheel stud threads in the lug nuts. Other wise you will start breaking wheel studs.

acutally they dont hit. They barley clear though by like .5 to 2 mm
and they clear on the left more then on the right

lol maybe spacers? i only need like a little more space maybe inch at most

everybody in this post though, did it wit no mods. thats why im upset

How about 255-70-15s on 15x7(i think)with unknown back spacing,but im gonna find out in a few days.Theres about a 1/4 inch gap at the wheel lip,one inch between the springs.The front of the wheel opening at the bottom is a little closer than i like,so im gonna move it forward about a 1/4 inch but keep a factory look.Any ways,i love the way these wheels look,and very happy i got them on here now.

dart wheels 008.jpg

dart wheels 010.jpg

dart wheels 016.jpg

dart wheels 021.jpg

dart wheels 022.jpg

dart wheels 017.jpg

a 15X7 Rallye usually has 4.25" back spacing which would be a plus for him.

Spacer will work but I would use 3" long wheels studs and open end lug nuts.

They are just pressed in to the axle. You need to pull one and measure the knurl size which is the splined end.

meaning, take the axle out? =( I want 5/16 spacers. I think they would work

You should be able to get the stock stud ot with the axle in but you will need to pull the axles to get the 3" studs in. What rear do you have ? 8-3/4s are easy. 7.25 and 8.25 will have C clips which make it a little more difficult.

its the current 8.25 that i have in becasue im rebuilding the 8 3/4

my car has a set of 15x8 ralleys out of summit on the rear.with 265's on them.they also are a hair thickness from the springs. with people in the back they just barely touch.just enough to see a black spot on them. about like rubbing it with your shoe. have not had any issues and when tire is clean you cannot tell it ever touched.i have never measured the back spacing but it needs to be about .5 in less

-
Back