Tango Mike Mike

-

Furious65

C-body Guy
Reaction score
For those that don't know the story behind Tango Mike Mike here is a video explaining the incredible man, and his heroism, behind it's inspiration.

[ame="http://youtu.be/RZ7968BbMnU"]302 Found[/ame]

My dad was a airplane mech and a door gunner on choppers during Vietnam.

They all did what they had to back then. I'd like to think they all are heros.

Thanks to anyone who has fought for my freedom in any capacity.

Jason

Thank you for sharing this story of heroism and honor and thank you to all the men and women who would risk their lives for others. That includes firefighters, rescue workers and also the teachers in the recent school shooting.

Yes, he was!

Wow, I figured some vets and current military people would like this. Judging by the response, I guess not.

Furious, this video would bring back memories that some vets would have a hard time facing or relating to the average citizen let alone the non-combat vets.

I have two older brothers who served in Viet Nam during the late 1960's. They were there during the Tet Offensive by the NVA. Both were discharged in the early 1970s (1970 and 1971). They really didn't talk about what they experienced there until sometime in the late 1990s. And only then it was in short detail and very brief. When they are with other combat vets they seem to open up more.

Both of them were relieved when President Nixon started bringing our troops home since it saved me from being called up. I had my draft card and draft number.

I am sure that many vets will respond to your posting in time. It is a very powerful tribute to a combat vet.

Thank you for posting it.

To all who served in the Armed Forces, Thank You!

To all who served in combat, I salute you. Thank you is not enough.

Furious, this video would bring back memories that some vets would have a hard time facing or relating to the average citizen let alone the non-combat vets.

I have two older brothers who served in Viet Nam during the late 1960's. They were there during the Tet Offensive by the NVA. Both were discharged in the early 1970s (1970 and 1971). They really didn't talk about what they experienced there until sometime in the late 1990s. And only then it was in short detail and very brief. When they are with other combat vets they seem to open up more.

I hear ya. Definitely not trying to be insensitive to our vets in any way as they have my utmost respect. My apologies for not really thinking about it as the men in my family are that way as well.

I come from a long line of men, and now women, who have served. My father and two uncles in Vietnam, another uncle in Korea, and both my grandfathers in WWII. Currently my son serves in the Air Force, I have a nephew in the Marines that has done 3 stints in Iraq and now 1 in Afghanistan, and two younger female cousins in the Army who have served in Iraq.

As you can see, we are a military family. I'm damn proud of all that serve and God bless them all.

-
Back