Tanks Inc

-

69valiant21

Reaction score
I know I already had a similar post but this one is slightly different. SO There appears to be two different tanks from Tanks Inc that have some over lap and I don't know which one is right even though I think they are pretty much exactly the same but there is probably some slight difference that is critical. Can someone help me out? I have a 69 Valiant.

1967-70 Dodge Dart / 1967-69 Plymouth Barracuda Fuel Injection Gas Tank

1970-76 Dodge Dart / Plymouth Duster Fuel Injection Gas Tank

Summit has the Aeromotive pumps installed in Tanks Inc tanks all ready to go. And they are ON SALE!!! So I'm ready to pull the trigger ASAP. But they appear to only have them in the one style tank (70-76) so I want to make sure the 70-76 will fit my 69. Please say yes.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-18344

There is a difference. I only know because when trying to measure the clearance for my rear 4 link and getting it set up, I ran into where on a stock original numbers matching 340 car the gas tank had much more room than on a dart swinger. Not sure what the difference was as they were both 16gallon tanks

Why don't you contact johnny at pace performance? They're sight sponsor, offer a 5% discount to FABO members and their prices on the stealth tanks are right in line with Summits sale price. I bought my Sniper EFI and stealth tank from them. Plus they can probably get you the correct year tank so you don't have to worry about fitment issues.
Mopar Gen III HEMI Crate Superstore

Emissions BS and sender location is different, IIRC.

Emissions BS and sender location is different, IIRC.

But they both will mount up in the same position? Since its the EFI tanks it wouldn't really matter where the sending unit is since its not there on these tanks. As long as the filler neck is in the same spot it shouldn't matter right?

I thought the difference was the early years tank has one strap that attached side to side, the other uses two straps front to back.

I have both of these EFI tanks from Tanks Inc. Have one in my '67 Barracuda with FiTech efi. I'm just now installing an EFI tank in my '75 Duster.

I thought the difference was the early years tank has one strap that attached side to side, the other uses two straps front to back.

I have both of these EFI tanks from Tanks Inc. Have one in my '67 Barracuda with FiTech efi. I'm just now installing an EFI tank in my '75 Duster.

Do you mind taking a quick look at the differences?

Do you mind taking a quick look at the differences?

Here's a pic of the bottom of the 67-69 Barracuda EFI tank. Notice the strap holding the tank goes across from side to side. I'll take a pic of the other tank and post when I get home tonight.

IMG_6218 (Large).JPG

Ahhh interesting. My straps run front to back. So I must need the other tank! Which is good!!

I seem to remember Rick ehrenberg saying that the tanks were all physically the same, just the emissions was different, but I might be forgetting that the question applied to a certain year model range or something.

I know that the earlier, larger capacity tanks were much cheaper in the aftermarket, so that's what I bought for mine.

-
Back