tater gun

-
ive built a few, whats your design? I always went with 2'' pvc with about a 4' barrel, then a 6'' gas chamber 1' to 2' long. i used a 6'' pvc screw on cap for the rear, and of course Aqua net for power, and a grill ignighter for ignition. seemed to out power just about any gun from the competition

ive built a few, whats your design? I always went with 2'' pvc with about a 4' barrel, then a 6'' gas chamber 1' to 2' long. i used a 6'' pvc screw on cap for the rear, and of course Aqua net for power, and a grill ignighter for ignition. seemed to out power just about any gun from the competition
pretty much same deal lol i guess its universal

pretty tough item to improve on. For sure go 2'' bbl., the longer the better. Ive tried various ideas with ignighters and gasses,and always ended up with the basics.

I never tried it, but i did consider one of those Cheetah air tank bead seating tools for big truck tires. its just an air tank and a ball valve.

If you go half-size (2 or 3" chamber, 1" barrel) you can launch a superball into the stratosphere....

5' barrel, 2", 6" chamber, and Lady Clairol, un-scented.(less cleaning) And an apple shoots good.

Wrap the breech with duct tape.
Had one come apart on me once.
Of course I was using acetylene, maybe not such a good idea now. But at the time, it seemed reasonable.

Wrap the breech with duct tape.
Had one come apart on me once.
Of course I was using acetylene, maybe not such a good idea now. But at the time, it seemed reasonable.

Acetylene dangerous, who'd a thunk it.

We used to take the torch and get it going and dial in the oxygen and acetylene so that you had a nice blue flame going, then smack it on the ground to put the flame out and then put the torch head inside a hefty trash bag and fill it up. Next take it well away from everything. Take some gasoline and make a fuse/trail and then light it and hold your ear drums. Getting the right ratio of oxygen and acetylene in the bag proved to be the key to making it go boooooooom.

Mines got a 4.5' barrel 1.5", 2' chamber 4". I have a T handle with the grill starter in that and a high presser cap.( I had a normal one and it split and hit my brother he was ok) It will put a tater out of sight strait up and will go through 1/2" plywood at 20'. We made a tee shirt cannon at for when we sponsored the demo derby. It uses a 1000 gallon air tank with a 2" electric valve. A 20 oz soda bottle fits perfectly inside and fill half way with water with 120psi behind it also made them disappear.

Anyone ever tried WD-40 as gas? I'm sure it is dangerous, but it should give good distange and a satisfying flame out the end. I wounder if you get better distance than hair spray?

Anyone ever tried WD-40 as gas? I'm sure it is dangerous, but it should give good distange and a satisfying flame out the end. I wounder if you get better distance than hair spray?
No, but ive sprayed the barrel down with wd40 for lube, but didnt do much. the hair spray is propelled with propane, thats why it works so well.

go to youtube theres all kinds im wondering if i could use small propane bottle like the kind used for camp lights that way it would be a one piece unit i wonder what are the laws on these things

Hair spray on the right caliber and chamber for the hair spray.. Works great for me.

Made one out of a 71 nova driveshaft. A coors light can fit perfect. Using oxy/acetylene it would damn near put a full beer can in orbit. Sumbitch was LOUD.

When I was hitting the ATF study material for FFL guess what I found to be regulated ?

Even though I know, please clue everybody in, without answering a question with a question. All are edge of their seats, waiting for the answer...........

In the ARMY we used pop-can tape and tennis balls and lighter fluid and too make fire balls cut an x in ball then put some fluid in side and hold on HUOOOAAA!!

Even though I know, please clue everybody in, without answering a question with a question. All are edge of their seats, waiting for the answer...........

Oh...Sorry...Don't remember the specifics because I wasn't planning on being involved with them just that I read about them. If the ATF mentioned them then they must have "rules", probably saying , "You can't do that". Not wishing to make an even bigger *** of myself with a wrong answer suggest checking the BATFE web-site or available online regs'.

OR....Just build the thing and have a ton of fun out of sight and hearing of any LE what lacks a sense of humor.

5..4..3..2..1..launch spud !

Oh...Sorry...Don't remember the specifics because I wasn't planning on being involved with them just that I read about them. If the ATF mentioned them then they must have "rules", probably saying , "You can't do that". Not wishing to make an even bigger *** of myself with a wrong answer suggest checking the BATFE web-site or available online regs'.

OR....Just build the thing and have a ton of fun out of sight and hearing of any LE what lacks a sense of humor.

5..4..3..2..1..launch spud !
i can dig it and nice looking pup

-
Back