tax return

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
How many of you got a tax return, and what kind of car goodies might you be buying with it.

my wife and i agreed to buy a new fridge since the old one is one the way out, and a new double paned full length glass storm door for the front of the house. then we split the rest 50 / 50.

its not burning a hole in my pocket mind you, but I'm thinking mebbe getting the remainder of the suspension stuff i need like my torsion bars, rear spring poly bushings and shackles, front and rear sway bars, plus my 3/8 fuel line and braded steel brake line hoses.

then once the underside and engine compartment of of my car is clean, caulked, primered, and painted i can start putting the underside back together and make some progress of getting my cuda topside, and back on her fins.

matt

Refund ? yea right! my wife and I write a check to the IRS and state every april, for the last 25 years. but, I did order me some paint supplys from Summit, today.

No return here. However, I believe I did help supply IRS employees bonus money.

No return here either! I pay in through the nose, but not one dime comes back.

i have 4 cute little deductions, and i itemize everything. theres a whole list of stuff you can claim thats legal, as long you save the reciepts. i keep individual folders for everything i can claim. i spend a few evenings going thru it all and adding it up, then give it to my tax guy.

having kids helps, but the itemizing thing works well if you have enough.

yep whirlpool gold fridge 29.7 cubic foot with bottom freezer in white color, closeout sale from home depot $1,096 out the door with free haul away of old fridge. double pained insulated storm door with triple lock feature. $400 lowes. it doesnt leave much for either of us, so out of my wish list i will pick a few things, the rest i will have to buy as cash allows.

Yep, deductions help. Mine all grew up and are on their own.

I could say what I really want to say, and it doesn't apply to you at all, but other segments of society, but it would get tossed into N&P. :D

Got my federal back...getting audited by the state!!! Seems I need to prove that I don't make any money, and that I have a handicapped daughter living at home!! Might take Nella with me if it comes to that! Submit paperwork first, then see what happens! Then I can pay my association fees and buy new tires for the camper! Blew out 2 on our trip to Fla!! Paid for that trip with last years tax refund!!

I'm in a hole this year. I owe big time and will be selling the Dart. So no goodies except scraping funds together to go to the Nats.

Our refund is going to some small renos to our new house. No car stuff for me unfortunately. Maybe next year.

Steve

Lucky me I'm getting my seats redone in my Dart. And they are being done by one of the members of this fine web site.

No return here either! I pay in through the nose, but not one dime comes back.

I'm sorry i struck a nerve with some of you. There will come a day when i wont be able to claim the kids, and it will be a zero sum game, or i will owe. For now its kinda nice tho. I would prefer if it was a zero sum game and keep more of my money thru the year, problem is it would get spent on god knows what. At least some comes back in a lump sum, the wifey and i divide it up, then theres no complaint when i buy car stuff.

I'm sorry i struck a nerve with some of you. There will come a day when i wont be able to claim the kids, and it will be a zero sum game, or i will owe. For now its kinda nice tho. I would prefer if it was a zero sum game and keep more of my money thru the year, problem is it would get spent on god knows what. At least some comes back in a lump sum, the wifey and i divide it up, then theres no complaint when i buy car stuff.

Didn't strike any nerve here. Life has its ups and downs. I'll get another Mopar again someday. Glad that you get to enjoy your refund. It's nice to have support from the other half on hobbies.

I pay every year now and on memo line of my check I always put where is my bail out

Yep tax season...awesome, not! Over the last few years my wife and I have had our ups and downs, built a house, rental houses trashed by crappy tenants, new job overseas with a great income but getting shafted by revenue Canada. We just filed our faxed and are finally just about out of the tax debt. In the meantime I have sold my mopars, but I get my fix by working on my buddy's cars, for some extra cash. No matter how you look a it though we are all blessed to live in good countries and have the ability to enjoy it, to work and to raise our families in freedom. I try to enjoy the small things and will one day have another a body!

Yup! I got a pretty good tax return but so far haven't spent a dime of it! Pry won't go toward car stuff tho, our house needs some new carpeting and the kitchen needs tiling... Maybe next year...

****, IRS, Tax Return, I'm STILL waiting on mine, and I filled out my forms back in the end of January. I think our IRS is BROKE! Ohhhh, wait a second, that's right, BROKE and BROKEN! LMAO!!!!!!

****, IRS, Tax Return, I'm STILL waiting on mine, and I filled out my forms back in the end of January. I think our IRS is BROKE! Ohhhh, wait a second, that's right, BROKE and BROKEN! LMAO!!!!!!

Did the E file on the 15th of april, nothing like the last minute. It was direct deposited this last wednesday.

New Quarter panels
4 wheel disc brake conversion
4 Speed conversion
Paint and body work
Complete interior kit

Is what I could have bought for the amount of the check I wrote to Eternal Revenue Service..

-
Back