TC global paints

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to be in a position for awhile that i will not have access to a paint jobber.

So mail order paint is the only option. Or wait extended time to reach a paint dealer.

Has anyone here had real world experience with TC global??
How was the pricing and how did it come out??

Last edited:
rani, i haven't heard any bad about global, but since your going mail, you should look at thecoatingstore.com. iv'e been using their paint for awhile, and would recommend it. also, their paint kits are about as low price as you will find. it's my understanding that the owner was a dupont chemist that started his own co. there's no middle man, so they can sell so low. dave.

I've used both TCP and the coating store with good results. I love the Urekem line from the Coating store! I used the Urekem orange sealer on my Barracuda which will all be Hemi Orange soon.
IMG_20170123_172331398.jpg

IMG_20170409_163150183_HDR.jpg

i really like the urekem epoxy primer. i believe that stuff would stick to a wet log lol. if you give it a couple of days, it sands good. last car i did, i used the epoxy as a sanding/ surfacer. worked great.

I have used TCP Globals direct to meatl epoxies, urethane sanding primers, polyester primers, topcoats were always their acrylic urethanes color coded from their library. 5 cars some with job jobs on them 3 yrs old. I have no complaints. they are somewhat SLOW to get product to me from Ca. cost of all is comparable to middle road products from "pro " paint stores.
another reason I like their stuff is some of it is LOW voc as I have trouble with sensitivity to chemicals. some will say that redces the quality or life or that product. I don't know.
I have never used their bc/cc but all I have ever heard from real painters ( which I am NOT), is if $$ is a concern, use the middle of the road primers, use the best fillers, and use the best product you can afford for top coats. then some will say use all the products from the same company!?? ha
I like my cars to be more original in looks so I use acrylic urethanes for top coat, not bc/cc. personally I think any good topcoat will last a long time,if kept out of the UV rays.

I use TCP Global (Restoration Shop) Acrylic Enamel and if you order it through Wally World the shipping is about 50% less than ordering direct through TCP.

You have seen the hood before, but here's a reminder.
This is with their "wet look" hardener that comes with the paint kits.
I have since gotten the beak section all fixed and painted as well as my crunched passenger fender and headlight bezel fixed.

This was done with a little 5 gallon compressor and a gun from TCP also.

SANY0013.JPG

SANY0001 (2).JPG

I use TCP Global (Restoration Shop) Acrylic Enamel and if you order it through Wally World the shipping is about 50% less than ordering direct through TCP.

You have seen the hood before, but here's a reminder.
This is with their "wet look" hardener that comes with the paint kits.
I have since gotten the beak section all fixed and painted as well as my crunched passenger fender and headlight bezel fixed.

This was done with a little 5 gallon compressor and a gun from TCP also.

View attachment 1715064925
that car looks fantastic ....makes me glad I have one just like it ....:)

I think my 73 dart was originally red too.

it has some unusual options and was originally from New Mexico

Mine is getting a new option this weekend, but I'm not telling what it is just yet.
When I did the beak section I was really tempted to put an extension on the beak that was curved down, pointed and the paint fading into yellow just to piss off the beak haters.

yellow_beak_by_allerlei.jpg

Rani,
Look also into Summits paint line, I have used both their BC/CC and single stage, it shoots nice. The downfall it is only available in generic colors.

Summit is Kirker supplied,IIRC...Badart painted several projects,with it...Used TPC personally myself,was happy with the outcome..(lacquer...)

Here is a pic of single stage I shot.
This is right out of the gun no buffing, painted in a 12 x 20 garage, with a box fan for ventilation.

Umof9E.jpg

Here is shot of their base/clear, same deal no buffing.
opBPFj.jpg

I have painted a few projects with the Summit / Kirker single stage urethane paint. All have turned out great. Have also sprayed a few with PPG. Maybe its just my lack of experience but, the PPG usually lays out nicer. I will still use the Summit stuff as its about 1/4 the cost.

-
Back