TC question

-

dancinwulf

Reaction score
I am putting a 1971 stock 340 into my Duster it has 3.55 8 3/4 reared, rebuilt 727 trans
what would be the best TC to put in with it and do I need a different flex plate than my 318 had?

If it is a stock 340 I would use one of the original Hi-stall TC that they had in from the factory.....usually around 2200-2400

Since it is something I am going to need to buy are there some much better than others this is a weekend driver for the most part but i would like to put a real good one in

One like this is what I would use in a all stock 340 with stock cam in a duster.......Just like the factory.....

Torqueflite 727 "0"-Balance Rebuilt HI-STALL 10-3/4" Converter 24-Spline - 1967+

But if you want to spend more , call one of the custom converter companies up ....They will ask you a ton of questions about your motor build, weight of car, rear gear, tire size, intended use of car , blah, blah, blah......But in the end for a stock 340 duster, I would just do like the factory did....Just my opinion, and you know what they say......Opinions are like *^^%holes everybody has one....

Last edited:
I agree with bbrroowwnn, there is no need for anything special. Stock 340 converter with the stock cam. I bought a NEW 1971 340/AT Duster in 1971. Drove it back and forth to work, took the wife to the grocery store, took it on holidays, drag raced it both at the local NHRA track, and a few street races, and it more than served the purpose. I see with your combination there is no need to upgrade the converter. Most converter builders(not retail outlets) will probably tell you with your combination, there is no need to change converters from what MA Mopar used.
All Chrysler converters are very well built.

I am putting a 1971 stock 340 into my Duster it has 3.55 8 3/4 reared, rebuilt 727 trans
what would be the best TC to put in with it and do I need a different flex plate than my 318 had?

If it is a stock 340 I would use one of the original Hi-stall TC that they had in from the factory.....usually around 2200-2400

This^^^

Thanks for the input I appreciate it don't want to waste money but don't want to have to do anything twice

-
Back