Tech advice before doing TTI header install-

-

tom340

Reaction score
Need tech advice from those "who have installed these on A body" . Last time I installed headers was on E BODY, with LOTS of room. Will be installing the ceramic coated TTI's on my '70 Duster. Car has the 727 TF trans., and original 340 engine. No sheetmetal mods-all original body. (Already have the complete TTI exhaust on the car) So, what did ya have to do to install? Were the ATF lines in the way? If so what did you need to do? Have to drop any suspension?

The TTIs come with installation instructions. If you don't have them you can down load them from their web site. The instructions are pretty comprehensive. They don't mention the trans lines but they have to be re-routed. I can post up pics of what I did when I get home. Also, for the driver's side header, remove motor mount to k-frame bolt on driver's side, loosen bolt on passenger's side, then lift engine. That will give you more room to get that header up in there. I put rear wheels on ramps and jack front of car up as high as I can get.

I found those instructions at the TTI homepage and printed them off last weekend. Thats pretty cool they provide right on their website. I have access to a lift at a buddys shop if I need it -should make life easier. Im definitely VERY interested in what had to be done with the tranny lines. I dont see that I have much options in re-routing them while retaining a nice neat stock appearance. Would love to see those pics. Thanks for the feedback..

I re routed mine and it looks stock from the top of the car. I'll post the pics up tonight. Feel free to PM me if I forget. The key is to re route the lines PRIOR to installing the driver's side header other wise you will be taking it back off again. TTI really should say something about those trans lines because everyone has the same issue.

Here is one that is not in the other thread:

TransLines.jpg

-
Back