Teflon Braided Stainless Hose?

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
When I order Stainless braided hose advertised as Teflon is expect the kind with the white colored liner that uses the ferrule (olive) type fittings. The stuff I was sent is black inside and no way in hell fits the standard type fittings. I worked in a hose shop that handled aeroquip and stratoflex so it's not like I'm clueless. Is there another special code word they perhaps left out to get rid of this stuff? PTFE or POLY perhaps?

I have seen the black inner liner in question on OE EFI hoses,and I also
believe new rolls of SAE 30R9 FI rated hose has been updated to that type.NAPA had actually
recalled their 30R9 hose,and replaced it w/the black lined type,but I hadn't researched the
materials used. These of course are all SAE std. tube/barb sized hoses,maybe just a shipping
stock-pulling muck-up?

It is highly suggested that you DO NOT use the white PTFE for fuel line. Use the dark line that you have. It is carbon infused which dissipates the static charge associated with fuel running in the line.

It's not bad looking hose, I just already had the other style fittings. I'm not sure what to ask for to use this stuff....

Right, I believe the issue was the onset of AN braided "lookalike" SAE hoses for
those who wanted to look like they had dropped the coin and did the work of equipping
thier rides W/AN goods, w/o actually having to. Of course the advent of commonplace EFI
meant hoses that actually became more like the actual stuff.I'm not sure if there are such
SAE fittings because of the poss. of mis-application just like this very situation.
Someone at summit should know,or maybe we have a plumbing/hydraulics expert
member here who will lay that out for us. :coffee2:

i have 15ft of -12 of the good stuff for methanol. it is black not white. the white dry rots in just a few months and is garbage. i spent 180 bucks for this bit. im not even gonna use it now. lol im gonna run the braided nylon instead its half the weight.

-
Back