Tell me what you think

-

srunge55

Reaction score
I have a 71 demon that I just finished a fresh drivetrain upgrade this spring. Now I have a chance to buy a car I once said I would die for but need to sell the Demon to do it. I know the economy is bad and I'm wondering if I am wasting my time putting this car up on ebay right now ( I have posted the car locally on CL but only one tire kicker so far). I have around 18K in it but I would let it go for 14K to buy the other car. Let me know what you think. Here are details

- rust free california body (orig 318/auto).
- Nice dark blue paint a couple of scratches(paint about 3 years)
- black interior in great shape - bench column shift, new carpet
- now fresh 408 stroker with 280H hyrdaulic roller cam
- edelbrock magnum heads/ comp roller rockers
- fresh 727 with tg2 shift kit, 3.8 lever, new PTC converter (2800 stall)
- new alum radiator w/ dual electric fans
- brand new 489 third member with 3.73's and powerloc carrier ( from diff doctor).
- TTI polished ceramic headers w/ thermal barrier inside.

I'm forgeting a bunch of stuff but I really spared no expense as I thought I would keep this one. Do you think I am wasting my time trying to get 14K for it right now?

Thanks,

Steve

What do you really what, Steve. Go with it!
I really wanted a 71 Duster twister when I found my
73 340 Duster clone. It was the right color and
stripes. It fit me to a tee.
Just go with what you really want.

Doesn't cost much to try. I have listed cars on ebay many times..with the mind set that they would not sell, and they didn't but the great thing about ebay is the amount of people that view the ad. So my advice is go local like Kijiji and local buy and sells as well as ebay and if it doesn't sell for the price you want you will have to wait.
Sounds like a more than fair price for what you have into it.
Good luck, I hope it works out for ya.
AL

Thanks guys. I guess I will give it a try. 14K doesn't sound like much to me but I'm the one who spent all the time an money doing the car. The other car is a 69 GTX convertible.

-
Back