Temp gauge climbs to the max as I try starting the car. Car won't run.

-
Right here. But most people don't want to go thru all the trouble I must require to properly troubleshoot the problem. It's a lot more work and sometimes best left to professionals. Also you can't tune a carb when you have other problems or just a bad combination. And spark plug reading are useless when your valves or guides are worn or low compression and check it with a $20.00 gauge. And the list goes on and on.
Exactly. It's called diagnosis. Nobody wants to do any of that. All they want is the answer on a silver platter. It's simply not that easy.

Battery is also completely shot after less than two years. **** O'Reileys. I've never had a battery go out less than three years after I bought it.
You might want to check that out. O'Reilly has a good battery warranty and will honor the warranty if it's still within that period. They have one, two and three year warranty batteries in their Super Start brand. It's worth a shot.

here the **** I am, Dart. And it was the water temp sensor. That's it. I didn't need to ******* know the entire car's electrical system to replace a sensor.

You go overboard with everything all the time, Dart. Whenever it's one thing, you want to talk about 6 other things and completely run me away from the solution. If you don't know, then go bother someone else on another ******* page.
Nice potty mouth, new guy. You owe Del (@67Dart273) an apology. I don't care how bad of a day you are having, there is no excuse for outbursts like this on our forum. Del knows more about Mopar electrics than we ever will. If he says to check something, it needs to be checked.

So to recap: battery is draining until dead, lights are only going bright when you're pumping the gas pedal and the car dies if you stop pumping the pedal... it's likely the ballast resistor.

These are NOT the symptoms of a failing ballast resistor.

-
Back