Temp Question

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Ok my Cuda is running great. We are starting to get into cooler nights and I have been turning my heat on at night. Well I noticed my temp gauge is hanging out at just below the first normal temp tick mark. I have replaced the heater core and I flushed the radiator. I have no leaks that I am aware of. So my question is how low is to low and should I trust a 45 year old gauge?

You have much cooler air running through your radiator now. It always runs cooler in the fall. Since you have no way of knowing the temperature on a stock gauge, you would have to put in a better gauge to actually read the temp. Mine is running 15 degrees cooler these days. Modern cars have temperature controlled electric fans that may never even turn on in the cool / cold weather. As long as you are getting heat and the gauge is close to normal, I wouldn't worry.

If the heat gets too cool thru the vents you may need to put a higher rated thermostat in it to brung the temperture up some as mopar to ya said new cars have electric fans so they kick on and off our oldies have direct fans that run all the time so with the cool weather its still cooling evan more.A 180 thermostat will be alot cooler air thru the vents than a 190.

mine runs at the 1st line of normal as well sometime a lil more if it's broiling outside , new guage,wiring,sender,limiter, rad, water pump.
feels good to have a good working cooling system..
sounds like you're good.

Mine normally runs just above the first line. If I do a lot of idling maybe half way into the normal.

Fuel gauge does read ok. I am not sure it is dead on it seems to be a little off once heading towards empty.

-
Back