Terrible work at NH interior shop

-

67GTS

Reaction score
I'm just posting this as a public service to anyone that may be in the NH area and looking for some upholstery or convertible top work.

Avoid Superior Interiors in Hooksett NH at all costs.

If anyone wants details on my dealing with these clowns, drop me a line.

You'd be better off letting monkeys with hammers do the work.

What they did?Why you did not liked?Got pictures of the service?
Just want to have a look.

I'm taking the car to a guy in Hampstead after the body shop is done with it.

I'll report back. He says he's been doing tops for 48 years and is willing to fix what the other clowns screwed up.

Good info 67, I look forward to hearing how things go, that is not too far from me. Also, the o'le girl is going to need some TLC at a good body shop that does not do its work with a tub of bondo and trawl. Can you recommend your body shop? You gotta watch who you hand your precious moper over to these days.

Thanx in advance -LY

"Live free or die trying"

My car is in for work right now. It's a pretty clean southwest car. I should have it back next week. I will post some pics or you can stop by and have a look for yourself once I get it back.

Ok, so I thought I should put in a good word for the guy who fixed what the butchers at Superior Interiors did.

If you're looking for top/upholstery work in the NH area, I recommend East Coast Upholstery in Hampstead NH. Willy did a great job fixing what the monkeys at Superior had half-assed.

To do into detail, Superior was supposed to install a new top on the wife's 66 Signet. I spoke to them in detail prior to having them do the work and they claimed they had been doing this sort of thing for a very long time.

First sign you're dealing with clowns, they ask YOU for a source for the materials. Excuse me? You're in the business but you want me to tell you where to buy the weatherstripping? Took me about 5 minutes to locate a source.

When we finally got the car back, my wife picked it up and immediately took it down the street for brake work. When I finally got to the car, I immediately noticed that the rear trim was sitting way too high. You could almost get a finger under it at the rear corners. They also installed a new well liner which they had made in shop but didn't re-install the drains! Has anyone ever tried to locate those drains? Impossible to find. I called and they said they had the drains and to bring it back in and they would correctly install the trim.

Two days go by, no call. I call them. It's done, come and get it. I get there to find that their correction on the rear trim was to BANG IT DOWN with a rubber hammer. It's dented and warped enough that it now longer meets in the center. They claim they can fix it. The only way that trim gets fixed is by replacing it. It's junk. After going at it with the guy who did the work who claimed that there was so much rust under there that was all they could do. I take the car rather than have them do any more damage.

So, flash forward to this spring and me pulling all the trim off the car to get it ready for paint. I pull off the mangled rear trim to find that they had screwed down a 1/4" thick piece of rubber across the back and then STAPLED the top and rear window down to that. This is in addition to the factory mounting strip. It's no wonder the trim wouldn't sit flat on there. Effing MORONS. I pull it all off and, not surprisingly, find the area is COMPLETELY rust free. I already knew it was as this was a southwest car that had zero rust issues. But I now know for a fact that the idiot at the shop was lying through his teeth.

I did manage to locate another set of rear trim. I'm still missing the small center link that connect the two sides but have an after market one that works for now. East Coast Upholstery fixed all the issues, reattached the rear properly, and the car looks normal now. He also installed some new seat covers. I will post a pic soon.

That's the story and once again, let this be a warning to anyone in the area who is looking for top/upholstery work in the NH area, AVOID SUPERIOR INTERIORS.

Semi on topic and hope this is not a thread hijack, but what does a vinyl roof install cost? Considering pulling the one of the '71 Swinger even though it looks great (trim does not fit good in the back though similar to what you mentioned) as it has some surface corrosion starting on it. Debating between pulling it, fixing whatever and just painting the roof or having another put on. Just really a matter of cost.
Cheers

Way late but here are the pics of the car....

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/11502219

There are some pics at the end of the car after I stripped off all the mouldings etc. Does that look like a car that had the rust issues that the dunce at Superior told me was the cause of the top being mickey moused?

Thanks for the heads up on Superior. I'am looking for a shop to put a new convertable top on my '95 Lebaron. I'am located in Rochester,NH.

-
Back