TEST DROVE MY DUSTER W/ INDY 415

-

plum360415

Reaction score
HI ALL
TEST DROVE MY 75 DUSTER TODAY ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!!!!!! ITS A INDY 415 WITH 360-2 HEADS, 12.5 TO 1 ABOUT 3100 LBS. KEN AT INDY SAID SHOULD BE ABOUT 10.5 IN 1/4. IM GOING TO CORDOVA IL FRIDAY 04-29 TO TEST. I HAVENT DROVE THE CAR IN 3 YEARS. BUT IT ALL CAME BACK TO ME. THIS ENGINE HAS UNREAL POWER!!! ANY ONE ELSE OUT THEIR RUNNING THIS ENG? WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICS AND MAYBE VID SOON. ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS ENG. IS CRAZY. ITS GOT M/T STREET ET TIRES AND IT JUST SPINS THRU SECOND GEAR (727 WITH TRANZ BRAKE). TOOK TWO DRIVES WITH TWO DIFFERENT FRIENDS ON EACH RUN ALL THEY COULD DO WAS LAUGH AND GRIN. IT PUTS YOU IN THE SEAT SO HARD. IT IS ALMOST MORE FUN THAN DRIVING MY DADS HEMI CHARGER w/ 4 SPEED. WILL KEEP ALL IM MOPAR LAND UPDATED

Barracuda340S has a simular set up. 416 Ported Indy heads, Indy intake and a Bigs Domanator. He ran low 11's with 4-10 gears and a 4 speed but only because he vroke a bunch of stuff.

WELL I WENT TO THE THE TRACK ONLY GOT A COUPLE OF FULL PASSES----HAD 3 CHEBYS LAID DOWN---- 2 OILED THE TRACK OTHER ONE FLUSHED HIS COOLING SYSTEM ALL THE WAY DOWN THE TRACK. TOOK PROBLEY GOOD HOUR OUT OF TEST AND TUNE PASSES. RAN THE BEST OF 11.23 @124. THE 3.91 NEEDS TO COME OUT AND 4.30 IN. CAR COMES OFF THE LINE GOOD BUT AT ABOUT 80 FEET THE ENGINE COMES IN REAL HARD. ONLY HAD 1.70S 60 FT.

That's a impressive smallblock just like Brett's. Your mph shows it should be in the 10's. Good luck.

What kind of suspenion? What was your Timing? What tire pressure did you have before and after your pass? What is your tire size? There is alot left in your car? Timing on mine works best around 32 degrees. What size is your carb and what kind? Did say you had a 727 in it? What size and stall is your converter? How much rpm did you leave at? What was temp when got ready to make your pass? I'll read the answer on trap rpm from other members question?

suspension is mostly stock, it has cal-tracs---took a couple runs to get them set. timing was a 34. has a mighty demaon 850 that was jetted and set up by ken at indy cyl. head. tranz is 727 with tranz-brake(didnt use it last night just doing shake down runs.)
the stall is were the slow 60 ft times are 3800 rpm i know i need at higher speed. ken at indy(engine builder) said stall should be around 4800-5200. so i was leaving line at 3500 or so. ken at indy said car should run about 10.50 range or so with 4.10 or 4.30 and higer stall. this was also the first time i ran the car in three and a half years.

Nice going for the first time out. Ken is about right. 124 should put you down to at least 10.70's with a higher convertor. Once you get the launch sorted out its easy 10's ! :thumrigh: Ron

Your 60 will get better when start to use trans brake as long as your suspenion likes it. If car gets bad wheel hop you have to push the front of leaf sprig farther up into the car. or relocate up about 3/4 to 1' Not bad at all for first time out. Don't know if got any friends that might have little bigger carb to try on it . They like lots of carb. I got 1000cfm race demon on mine. Jets are 94 squared. I Do have a 8" 5500 stall. I leave at 3800 on brake shift at 7400 and 7600 have 456 gears with 31 x 10.5 tire with dana 60 and ladder bars.

Plum360415 I run at Cordova too. I have a 416 with the 360-2 CNC ported heads prepped by Ryan Johnson at Shadydell. I basically run a stock suspension with cal's. I use QA1's in all four corners otherwise stock. The last time out I was running a pro systems 1000 cfm 4150, the carb idled clean but was set up real fat so my 60's were in the 1.7's too. I ran 11.11 at 127 mph spinning the slicks through the 1/8th and bent my perches and all 10 wheel studs. Also broke one of my leaf springs. When I got done my pinion angle was about 45+. Yeah I was doing almost 130 mph like that. LOL Now I went to a BIGS 1050 dominator and installed a turtle in the intake. I also run a 1" HVH spacer. I took it out for the first time the other night and it runs like fuel injection from 1500 rpm's to 7000 rpm's. It walks the dog for sure. Here is a video of my last run, watch for the black marks to half track. As soon as I dump the clutch the front end comes up and then the motor lays down and then just like yours it cleans up about 60 to 80 feet out and the leaves to black marks a long way. I know there is 130 mph in this set up, it will probably never ET like it would with an auto but I like to row.

http://www.mopartech.net/phpBB2/files/BRETTRUN2.wmv

You guys are gonna fly when you get your suspensions dialed in. 10.50's? I'm thinking quicker by far. Here's why- A friend I race with bought a brand new 70 340 4-speed Duster back in the day, he's been racing it ever since. Current combo,stroked smallblock, CNC ported 360-1 Indys, Indy Intake, 1050 Dominator, "top-secret" roller cam, 14-1 comp.,Jericho 4-speed, ladder leaf suspension, 5 something gears depending on the day. Best run? Are you sitting down? 9.30@145mph! With a stick! All steel except hood. These engines are amazing. I'll snap some pictures at the track today if it doesn't rain.

-
Back