Testing fuel sending unit

-

Jeffsrt

6.33 in the 1/8th
Reaction score
Is there a way to test the fuel sending unit without taking it out? The ground wire seems to be in working order. Thanks for any input.

I second that... Mind only reads from time to time!

You can try this. Get yourself an ohm meter and carefully syphon the fuel out of the tank. Hook up the meter right at the sending unit and with the tank empty it should read 54 ohms and when the tank is full mine reads 8 ohms.

Terry

You can try this. Get yourself an ohm meter and carefully syphon the fuel out of the tank. Hook up the meter right at the sending unit and with the tank empty it should read 54 ohms and when the tank is full mine reads 8 ohms.

Terry
thanks Ill try that.

I Just Had The Same Problem With Mine. Changed The Ground Strap Still Nothing. Took Dash Out To See If Wires Were Broken Or Something Like That. It Ended Up Being The Nuts That Hold The Gauges On Were Lossened Off. Tighten Them Up And Works Fine. That Was This Morning When I Figured It Out.

I tried hookin up my multimeter to mine and got no reading at all, and I know I had a good ground. Something wrong inside maybe?

I didnt get the same readings as demon speed. But I did get 68 and 12. And the readings did change when I changed the floats position. I'm guessing that means that the sending unit works. But maybe the float doesnt float anymore in the tank or that there is another problem. Does anyone else have any guesses?

yes the floats are very weak and can get a hole then no reading they are brss and very easy to break

you can just solder the float if it has a leak. I ended up soldering a new wire on mine since the factory one broke. I have pics on here in another thread.

-
Back