36.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 155
Pretty cool and possibly interested.
I see repops on Ebay that look just like yours and I don't do reproductions but I've done antiques for a long time and there are typically differences between originals and repops but not familiar with this item. Do you have any info that can persuade me to believe this is an original?

yes!
id love to add that to my man cave
please contact me with the details

Pretty cool and possibly interested.
I see repops on Ebay that look just like yours and I don't do reproductions but I've done antiques for a long time and there are typically differences between originals and repops but not familiar with this item. Do you have any info that can persuade me to believe this is an original?

I bought twelve of these several years ago from a man who stated he cleans out buildings and estates. My research shows there is no true way to authenticate an original from a repop other than new paint, metal detoriation, newer ones used a philips head screw, etc. There are no maker marks or certificates available when these were new. I am not portraying these as antiques as I heard that these were made in different decades so which decade is the original if each was slightly different??? There are many variations floating around because of this. I'm led to believe these are original but to what decade I don't know. I even heard the newer ones made in the last five years are aluminum and are considered repops. Wish I could give you better info. but I'm not going to give a 100% stamp of approval to its originality as one of the first ones made and mislead anyone. I may been selling them too cheap but I got a really good deal when I bought'em and not looking to make a mortgage payment with these...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back