TF-2 Shift Kit install

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I have to say Im reading the directions and im lost. Anyone have any good videos or know any good tech articles? Being honest this looks out of my relm.

What I dont want is a manual valve body. I want the firmer shifts with out going full manual. I want the trans to be able to shift through the gears on its own.

On the first photo. Does this mean this will make it a manual VB?

Second photo. It says optional. DO I need this option?

Attachments

• VB.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 243
  • vb2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 249
...............No, a -2 is not a full manual kit.......[u would need the -3].........the plate and valve modification r if u want it 2 shift 2 manual low at any speed and yes i do mean any speed when u shift 2 1st it goes there regardeless of speed.......i almost always do that modification........when in drive ur trans will shift on its own......if u have the control load servo up front 4 the 2nd gear band u will need change it....or modify it........kim........u can do it, just re read the instructions over a few times as there is some modifications 4 street and strip......

Thanks Kim. I wondered that. I see the words "manual" and it raised a red flag. I just went though the instructions and highlighted the sections that pertain to me. What do you mean by the Control Load Servo? Just stock what ever was in the trans. I just did a rebuild with new seals, clutches, steels, bands and the works.

...............Starting in 1971 they changed the front servo..........if the center pin is say 5/8 in instead of 5/16 in u have the control load servo....u have to change it, u can get the 70 down style from t-flite patty, or from mr randy.........kim........

With this kit just from what I read. There is nothing you do to the kickdown servo just the low/reverse. I went through the instructions a few times and getting more comfortable with it.

.....I know thats what they say about the front servo......just trying to save u alotta grief...........fishy68 will tell u his story.......so then u have the control load servo?...kim.................

I just did a rebuild with new seals, clutches, steels, bands and the works.

LOL. I've installed a TF-2 kit and get nervous when I think about rebuilding the trans. You, on the other hand, have rebuilt your trans but get rattled by the shift kit. I just thought that was funny.

I was nervous about installing the TF-2 kit, but really, once I go started it was actually quite simple. Granted it took me all day, but I'd never been inside a transmission before and took my time.

Just the stock servo is all I got I believe the trans is a 75-76. I put a pm into him. He helped me through my rebuild but never mentioned anything about the kickdown servo. UOP I Haves good video that helps with the build.

I guess Im wondering why I need a earlier front servo? Could someone explain why i need this? I see no mention in the kit instuctions about this. But that doesnt mean its right or wrong.

............If u dont change it or modify it as per mopar performance u will have bind up when shifting the 2-3 shift........kim.........

I spoke with Fishy68 today. He told me that beings im using a 3.2 kickdown lever I shouldnt have a problem with it.

-
Back