Tf-2

-

dusterny

Reaction score
I have looked and can't seam to find anything about TF-2 other than they are good. How hard are they to install for a novice on auto transmissions?

I put one in my PB904, just make sure you read EVERYTHING more than once. The kits are for several different tranis... Very easy other than over looking simple instructions.

I just did a TF-2 kit in a A-904 for my Scamp and like the gentleman above said, read very carefully. The kit is for 727 and 904, so some steps are used for one and not the other. You won't use all the parts provided either.

It's not hard though, some drilling is required and grinding of a valve as well. The rest is swapping springs and removing a check ball here, adding on there, etc.

Just a little time, TLC and a steady hand. And make sure everything is clean clean clean before re-assembly. Valve bodies like to be squeaky clean or they won't function right.

I think you can do it even if it's the first time you've opened up a valve body. Just be organized. Best of luck bud! :)

I just did a TF-2 kit in a A-904 for my Scamp and like the gentleman above said, read very carefully. The kit is for 727 and 904, so some steps are used for one and not the other. You won't use all the parts provided either.

It's not hard though, some drilling is required and grinding of a valve as well. The rest is swapping springs and removing a check ball here, adding on there, etc.

Just a little time, TLC and a steady hand. And make sure everything is clean clean clean before re-assembly. Valve bodies like to be squeaky clean or they won't function right.

I think you can do it even if it's the first time you've opened up a valve body. Just be organized. Best of luck bud! :)

Couldn't have said it better. Only thing I'll add is if you have a buddy with a rack that'll sure make it easier.

I installed a TF-2 in my 904 and it was not hard for a novice. Another thing to consider is the TF-2 only comes with the trans pan gasket for the 727 and you will need to buy a 904 gasket.

If you are planning on reusing the stock pan DON'T! Trust me, it will leak. Do what I did. Go to the dodge dealership and pick up a heavy duty pan PN 52118 779AB (Cost was like $17) and rigid pan gasket PN 4295 875AC (Can't remember the cost, but it's cheap) The new pan is a little deeper, but doesn't cause any issues. The original pan is thin and warps after a couple of installs for some reason. Trust me I had my pan off 3 times before installing the heavy duty pan.

I installed a TF-2 in my 904 and it was not hard for a novice. Another thing to consider is the TF-2 only comes with the trans pan gasket for the 727 and you will need to buy a 904 gasket.

If you are planning on reusing the stock pan DON'T! Trust me, it will leak. Do what I did. Go to the dodge dealership and pick up a heavy duty pan PN 52118 779AB (Cost was like $17) and rigid pan gasket PN 4295 875AC (Can't remember the cost, but it's cheap) The new pan is a little deeper, but doesn't cause any issues. The original pan is thin and warps after a couple of installs for some reason. Trust me I had my pan off 3 times before installing the heavy duty pan.

I haven't had any issues with my stock pan, but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I totally forgot about the TF-2 kit not coming with a 904 pan gasket, luckily I was rebuilding my transmission at the time and my rebuild kit did come with one. :)

-
Back