TF727 shift/valve body improver kit suggestions/preferences

-

prorac1

Reaction score
We are getting ready to pull apart and inspect the 727 for my sons project car we're building.

We're hoping not to find any surprises. But we're ready for anything. Lol.

In the past we have used trans go products with great success. We are looking at the stage 2 trans go kit currently.

Any suggestions on what others have used, and had good luck with?

Thanks in advance. Eric and Jason

IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG

That's what we've used in other brand transmissions in the past and they worked really well.

From the looks of it, the kit dosent consist of much. No spacer plate etc.

Thanks again for confirmation guys. Eric

I used the transgo kit on a 727 in my dart. I took lots of pictures as I went and followed the directions. Luckily, it turned out great! Local shops wanted $250-400 to install it! I already had the kit and the trans was out of the car.... I replaced the shift shaft, pump, output shaft seals and a few others.

I used the transgo kit on a 727 in my dart. I took lots of pictures as I went and followed the directions. Luckily, it turned out great! Local shops wanted $250-400 to install it! I already had the kit and the trans was out of the car.... I replaced the shift shaft, pump, output shaft seals and a few others.

Cool. Thanks for the input. How did it shift when completed?

We're looking for a nice firm fast shift, but not harsh.

In the past that's what transgo/mr shift kits have gotten us.

Eric

Last edited:
It's pretty good. Not violent shifts like my neighbors built TH400. It's hardly noticeable at low RPM while cruising around town. But it's quick and firm at WOT.

Last edited:
TransGo TF-2 & dont look back! Also fit the billet rear servo piston kit together with the TF-2. The stock rear servo spring retainer has a nasty habit of popping out from behind it's snap ring then your reverse gear says goodbye. How do I know this? LOL

TransGo TF-2 & dont look back! Also fit the billet rear servo piston kit together with the TF-2. The stock rear servo spring retainer has a nasty habit of popping out from behind it's snap ring then your reverse gear says goodbye. How do I know this? LOL

Thanks. Does brand matter? Looks like a pretty cheap upgrade.

-
Back