Thanks, dude!

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
Hey...you know that little box inside the text box that says THANKS....?
Ever wonder what it's for?
It's for saying THANK YOU to someone when they've made a post on a thread you are posting on. All you have to do is click THANKS and a Thanks rating appears under that members avatar.
I see a lot of people with no thanks given or received. If you like something somebody said, or found it useful or helpful, thank the guy (or gal). It'd good forum etiquette and helpful to the member.
It also allows you and others to see if a member is really a helpful person or not in this community. It's there...use it!

Too bad we don't know who is thanking who

Oh but you can find out!

If you go the the "user profile" under "statistics" you can see all the posts that someone has thanked, as well as all of their posts that have received thanks.

By doing that, you can look at all the posts you've thanked, kind of like keeping track of threads with your subscriptions. I automatically subscribe to all the threads I post in, so that gets complicated. But I thank a lot less, so if I need to reference something for my build I can find it a lot easier under my thanked posts.

Here's mine. A little small to read, but its the 3rd box down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.06.08 PM.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 178
"Thanks" for the reminder. Also showing gratitude makes you feel good.

Another feature we could make use of a little more is the "rate this thread." Quite often a member starts a thread that deserves acknowledgement for it's helpfulness, or originality, or whatever. Or even a new member takes the time to tell the story of their a-body. It's a nice thing to do and takes almost no effort.

What I hate is when I'm on my phone (only thing I use for Internet) and I accidentally hit the "thanks" button! Lol

How come they don't have a "You're Welcome" button???

I've been THANKS!-ing lots of posts lately that have been useful or helpful to me. Hopefully, you have been too.
It's like the feedback system...it only works if you use it, and then it's helpful more to the people following you than you personally! Sort of like "paying it forward".
Make it your point to thank any useful posts this month. I am declaring April National FABO THANKS month. Just remember; only thank members that have helped you otherwise the system is meaningless.

-
Back