Thanks for having me!

-

racerdave

Reaction score
I'm a newbie! Finally took the plunge and bought a 1968 Barracuda after wanting one since I was 15 (45 years ago). Saw it on a used car lot yesterday, sold my 2008 Pontiac G8GT (highly modified) to Carmax and made the deal in about 5 hours. Looking for something slower that I can take to shows with my wife and enjoy. Don't really have the time to race anymore. It started life as a 318, but is reported to have a 340. I tried like hell to get a casting number but it appears blank. It does have a 4BBL and I can tell by the black marks on the street that there's a posi. It appears to have a dealer installed AC, will find out more about that later (not working right now, the push buttons appear stuck). Last title shows that the last owner had the car four 24 years, so I think the mileage of 72000 might be correct. I will attach some photos. The dealer wanted $15,500 and I talked him down to $10,5000. So I'm curious what you experts think of my purchase. I'm totally satisfied and can't wait to put some miles on it.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Dave

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 003.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 005.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 113
  • 006.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 007.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 022.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 104
Welcome from N FLA. That's factory A/C for A body. If you slide under car on driver side you should see engine size cast in block. Sure grip is term for rear end, Posi is GM term. Nice car by the way! Enjoy.

one awsome cuda you have there. welcome to the site from ct. will we be seeing the cuda at the carlisle pa show in july??

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 88
  • 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 95
Welcome. Appears,to be in excellent shape. Notchie 'Cudas, my favorite Mopar body style.

Welcome............ I think you made a great deal. I would have bought it for that price and I'm cheep! :cheers:

-
Back