Thanks Leanna

-
Thanks bomber! I didn't share any of the 'before' pics here but rest assured the hood trim, grille and especially the headlight bezels came a long way.

After reading this thread last night, I went to bed happy. This trim restoration stuff is a relatively new thing for me on a professional level, and I have to share that comments like zigs' and the rest of yours mean more to me than any paycheck in the world. Don't get me wrong -- it's great making a little money -- but the personal satisfaction of bringing life back to the dead / potential scrap parts is beyond rewarding.

View attachment 003 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 004 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 005 - Copy.jpg

Thanks again ya'll! :-D

Thanks bomber! I didn't share any of the 'before' pics here but rest assured the hood trim, grille and especially the headlight bezels came a long way.

After reading this thread last night, I went to bed happy. This trim restoration stuff is a relatively new thing for me on a professional level, and I have to share that comments like zigs' and the rest of yours mean more to me than any paycheck in the world. Don't get me wrong -- it's great making a little money -- but the personal satisfaction of bringing life back to the dead / potential scrap parts is beyond rewarding.

View attachment 1714530425

View attachment 1714530426

View attachment 1714530427

Thanks again ya'll! :-D

I was worried about chrome against Super chrome clashing and I have to admit when I pulled the stuff out of the box, i thought to myself "this isn't going to work" but when I got it all on and we stood back and looked at it , it made the whole front end pop. Its such a clean look.

I was worried about chrome against Super chrome clashing and I have to admit when I pulled the stuff out of the box, i thought to myself "this isn't going to work" but when I got it all on and we stood back and looked at it , it made the whole front end pop. Its such a clean look.

So was I!!! But wow, what a difference. After seeing your results I won't be so quick to try to talk people out of combining chrome powder with real chrome anymore.

Amazing job on the Grill!!

but now back to the stripe..if it's vinyl...maybe if you stopped it at the top of the fender...then it wouldn't look like it's missing something. I understand about matching your truck...but the truck doesn't have a trunk lid. Really nice matching pair of vehicles there.

Amazing job on the Grill!!

but now back to the stripe..if it's vinyl...maybe if you stopped it at the top of the fender...then it wouldn't look like it's missing something. I understand about matching your truck...but the truck doesn't have a trunk lid. Really nice matching pair of vehicles there.

No ,really its ok .I have the top vynal and I had it planed that way from the beginning. Dare to be different. Thanks for the compliments and I know where your comming from but I really like it this way.

Yes, I agree - it's a great car - and have the emblem whatever way you like! It's your car. (and furthermore, you've actually "done it" not just talked it).

Bunch a' flowers for the powdercoating - it's super!

Congrats to you both from Downunder

Nice job on the car dude and love the grill....... I also have a 2nd swarm Rumblebee..... black with yellow stripe.... :D

Yes, I agree - it's a great car - and have the emblem whatever way you like! It's your car. (and furthermore, you've actually "done it" not just talked it).

Bunch a' flowers for the powdercoating - it's super!

Congrats to you both from Downunder

Thanks Aussie, thats how I feel about it also.

Nice job on the car dude and love the grill....... I also have a 2nd swarm Rumblebee..... black with yellow stripe.... :D

Thanks ,I've really gotten alot of positive responce on the car ,not only on this site but here at home as well. My Rumble Bee is a first swarm bought it new only has 38,000 mi on it. Its # 4237 out of 3500.

-
Back