Thanksgiving the new Grey Thursday according to retailer

-

TheMoparMan

Modifies everything
Reaction score
This was sent to me by a good friend who unfortunately is forced to work against his will today. He has to work the whole day starting from 6 am and work a double or triple shift to cover the crazy shopping day of grey Thursday, the day before Black Friday.

(Disclaimer: not my story just sharing it as I agree with the underlying issue.)

Quote:

I can't make it Bro as I'm Working for the big retail monster and will be working. Therefore you guys enjoy your Thanksgiving! And I have one suggestion: Please don't shop this weekend and enjoy time with your families since so many others won't be able to! My entire extended family will be together and refusing to shop on thanksgiving to support me as I'm stuck working.

Here is the story I was emailed about the situation and all my co workers have been sharing. It has a link to a big story on CNN. I'm hoping it will spread enough so the retail industry won't have to work on holidays. I get Hospitals, fire stations, police and other emergency agencies being open but retail stores so people from broken families can tear our families apart?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to Boycott shopping on Thanksgiving.
We have the holiday off with families and so should the retail employees! "Feel free to share this with others if you agree Please email the story below to family and friends if you want to help. In addition to emailing people, feel free to call the retail stores and demand to speak to the store manager on duty. Let them know your not happy and explain why. If enough people do that and slam them with calls the will be to busy for other operations in the stores and they will relay it to corporate. That's the only way they will learn they have taken it too far. 5 am on Black Friday is fine but on thanksgiving is not acceptable. Kmart is the worst at 6am on thanksgiving. Toys r us is 5 pm, Target and walmart is 6pm. Post this on Facebook if you have it and spread the word......If we don't, Christmas and other holidays may be eventually Lost. If all retail is open then other facets of business will eventually follow and we will no longer have any holidays and will all be working. :wack:

Everyone can easily share the story and encourage others to not shop tomorrow.
Take a couple of mins tomorrow from your day while sitting at home and call some retailer to complain about it so they get the picture. Voice messages to their corporate offices can be effective as well. We have to take it in our hands as Americans and take a stand for the retail employees. If we don't we will soon loose out as well.

Sears was the first retailer to open on Sundays back in the 60's.....Left unchecked, now all retail is open on Sundays with a couple exceptions such as chick Fila. Now your holidays are at risk! Take a stand. Don't shop on a holiday and call to complain about it. If enough people call all day and are speaking to floor managers and keeping them off the floor it will slow down other duties such as sales overrides, special locked up products, customer service returns etc......... Make it miserable for customers to shop and they will hopefully leave.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/27/news/economy/boycott-black-thursday/index.html

-
Back