The 360 is in, but I have a few questions.....

-
It looks like you have everything correct.

So you tried to put the centerlink in and it wouldn't go? Or when you put it in it hits the pan?

If you are having issues getting in , maybe you will have to lift the engine enough to install it and drop it back down.

To me the rubber mounts look thin, but you could always try to loosen all bolts on the motor and tranny mount.
Pull the motor up and then tighten the bolts.
But from the pictures the rubber engine mounts look like they are about 1/4" too short.
Where did you buy them from you never did answer my question?

Post #20

To me the rubber mounts look thin, but you could always try to loosen all bolts on the motor and tranny mount.
Pull the motor up and then tighten the bolts.
But from the pictures the rubber engine mounts look like they are about 1/4" too short.
Where did you buy them from you never did answer my question?

How thick are they supposed to be?

The mounts appear to be brand new.

The driver side engine mount (biscuit) appears to be sitting too low on the dog house. It ins't sitting flush on the pad, the lower portion of the mount is hanging off. Does the biscut have offset bolts like this solid mount?

If so, you might have the biscuit on upside down...I'm not even sure if there is an upside down or not, it might be symmetrical....just something to check.

Attachments

• mor-62540.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 155
The driver side engine mount (biscuit) appears to be sitting too low on the dog house. It ins't sitting flush on the pad, the lower portion of the mount is hanging off. Does the biscut have offset bolts like this solid mount?

If so, you might have the biscuit on upside down...I'm not even sure if there is an upside down or not, it might be symmetrical....just something to check.

Fly,

I am assuming that in the picture you posted that the smaller bump is for indexing to the engine bracket right? It fits inside a hole on the engine bracket right?

Wow! It has almost been a year and I am just getting time to try to get this solved.

Anybody have any ideas?

Do they make taller engine mounts?

Here is a pic showing how thick the current mounts are.

Also, it looks like a mouse decided to make a snack out of the wire coming out of the distributor. Any idea if replacements are available?

Thanks in advance guys! We hope to have it together by 2070......hahaha

Wow! It has almost been a year and I am just getting time to try to get this solved.

Anybody have any ideas?

Do they make taller engine mounts?

Here is a pic showing how thick the current mounts are.

Also, it looks like a mouse decided to make a snack out of the wire coming out of the distributor. Any idea if replacements are available?

Thanks in advance guys! We hope to have it together by 2070......hahaha

Yes, there is a thicker mount. Get the rubber sandwich for an early truck. I believe the trucks for those years had similar rubber in the mounts, but thicker. I've seen them on cars before...

Not sure where to get them...

Back to the top!!!!!!!

Anybody know where to get the larger (thicker) engine mounts for more clearance?

-
Back