The Beaver Hole Hardwood Company Begins

-
1110135839.jpg

Near Erie Pa.
I have seen the movie twice on Turner Classics. It is a good flick, you will enjoy it.

More Beaver Hole progress. Got it cleaned up and a little more track added.
The mountain side.....
DSCF2573.JPG

The sawmill side...
DSCF2572.JPG

More Beaver Hole progress. I scratch built a two stall engine shed from bass wood and balsam wood. Still have details and lights to add, plus it's way too nice. I have to age, weather and crap it up some. I "could" have gotten a ready made kit, but finances are an issue, of course, plus that would be way too fancy for this tiny hole in the wall narrow gauge logging line. I still need to decide exactly how I will paint or stain it. Thinking some kinda grayish brown and maybe scribe vertical lines to emulate vertical siding. I'll probably use black sandpaper cut into long strips for roll roofing, maybe with a patch here and there.
DSCF2658.JPG

DSCF2657.JPG

DSCF2656.JPG

DSCF2655.JPG

Got more plaster cloth down, joint compound over that and a coat of paint. Gettin close to all I can do without more $$ input and that'll have to wait till next month. I may can do some details on the engine shed. We'll see. Gotta go through what I still have.
DSCF2659.JPG

DSCF2660.JPG

Movin' along.

I haven't touched my setup for years.
I realized I missed a crucial issue with my helix plan and will need to bore through the wall and run the exit through the pantry!
How TF did I miss that?
Kind of took the wind out of that project's sails.

My apologies for not updating yet. I'm trying to get us out of some debt accrued over some time and it's taking a little longer than I thought. The good news is, I'm gettin the hole filled in. I might can squeeze in a sheet of 2" foam insulation and if I can, I'll be adding another update soon.

My apologies for not updating yet. I'm trying to get us out of some debt accrued over some time and it's taking a little longer than I thought. The good news is, I'm gettin the hole filled in. I might can squeeze in a sheet of 2" foam insulation and if I can, I'll be adding another update soon.
Hey RRR, I just started reading this thread. I live close to what they call the" Hi-Line". It's the northernmost part of the trans continental railway line.
One end of our main street is very close to the tracks and there is a little city park that displays a real two truck Shay. I'll get a pic. Maybe when the Empire builder is flying by. That would make a cool pic. Man we played on that thing all of the time when we were kids. Hi-Line (Montana) - Wikipedia Beaver Hole Hardwood is looking good!!!

Hey RRR, I just started reading this thread. I live close to what they call the" Hi-Line". It's the northernmost part of the trans continental railway line.
One end of our main street is very close to the tracks and there is a little city park that displays a real two truck Shay. I'll get a pic. Maybe when the Empire builder is flying by. That would make a cool pic. Man we played on that thing all of the time when we were kids. Hi-Line (Montana) - Wikipedia Beaver Hole Hardwood is looking good!!!
That's super cool I'd be down there all the time lookin at that Shay. If it's a two truck, it's probably a small one like a 14 ton. That's what Bachmann modeled their On30 model after.

That's super cool I'd be down there all the time lookin at that Shay. If it's a two truck, it's probably a small one like a 14 ton. That's what Bachmann modeled their On30 model after.
I think it is smaller. Some jack *** stole the bell off of it a few years ago but I see they have replaced it.

I think it is smaller. Some jack *** stole the bell off of it a few years ago but I see they have replaced it.
That's gettin pretty small. I'd love to see some pictures of it.

Probably similar to something off the Gilpin line, like this. Very similar to the model I have.
GILPIN.jpeg

Googled it. Pretty recent picture. The Boy Scouts have painted it a few times.

1696746112363.png
b

Very cool. That's a small locomotive for a three cylinder engine. A hot rod loco. lol

I didn't know that the other hump is a sander for traction until a few minuets ago. Kinda cool.

Screw it Im building a train layout. Told the wife, was testing locomotives on the kitchen table last night... :thumbsup:

I wanted to build a small layout of where I work. I looked at some of the cars I'd need and holy smokes! Three rail cars for $120!! Guess it has been a while since I even looked at prices. Maybe my dad has some in his HO stash.

-
Back