The Bet

-

Daz570

Thread Inturpreter
Reaction score
I've just come inside from a project i've been dared into, currently looking for some inspiration, just thought i'd share it with you.

Whilst having a couple of beers with a mate the other night, I was bet I couldn't turn my little paddock ap6 ute into an animal for under $1000, fortunately, i have quite a few spares lying around, the time frame's by the end of the month (around 6 days, of which i have to work a couple)

IMG_3210.jpg

The last few days have been spent pulling down an old chrysler by chrysler, for brakes (cause i want it to stop too) and drivelint to throw at this little lightweight of a ute.

IMG_3206.jpg

Out with the old

IMG_3209.jpg

And in with the new(er)

IMG_3198.jpg

So far, lower control arms and brakes have been changed from drums to girlock discs, nolathane lower bushes, the change of lower arm now has the capacity for an anti roll bar, steering had a quarter of a turn free play, so a better box was sourced and idler arm replaced while acces was easy.

just heading back out to attempt to lower motor and auto in now.

cheers all,

the car in the background is a 67, good eyes,

not happy, turns out i've broken a steel remote oil line pulling motor out of CxC, which puts things on a bit of a hold till wednesday (public holiday tomorrow)

I think plumbings going to be an issue ;D
IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

Cool! Gotta love the Ute's! :-D Hope ya win this one!! 8) Would like to see the end result.

Mc clouds daughters? WTF?? :)

the snail's a split pulse gt40, think it passes for under budget as i had it sitting on a shelf here for ages..

how lazy road worthys are down here, it wouldn't suprise me if it gets through rego with all that plumbing set up ! !

back outside I go for some basic wiring,
cheers,

when I started building My waggin I stumbled onto this site and what an inspiration it was.....I'd love to have one of them ute's and plan to make my own one of these day's but for now heres some inspiration

ute1.jpg

wagginIII.JPG

sideviewatramsey's.jpg

jimsengine.jpg

LOL thanks for that,

I must say chaps, I'm thoroughly enjoying this one, bastardising a beater that is.

the last few i've played with have been concourse, and this lack of trainspotters has a huge grin on me (or maybe it's the beer).

I'm seriously thinking about leaving the front bumper off, and unsure if the mark one mustang scoops too much (it would sit allmost an inch lower installed)

what do you guys think?

IMG_3217.jpg

Yep, just remember everythings still rough, dummying up more than anything

IMG_3220.jpg

it looks alright, im more of a fan of the sleeper look. just a flat black ute untill you step on it. hehe. either way, its going to be awsome.

I like it without the bumper also. After winning the bet (what are the stakes anyway?), take a look at closing in the opening in the valance panel below the grill. I'm planning on doing about the same thing on a '64 Dart.
Mikey Bynum

well, I think the time thing has allmost caught up with me, brakes are done, most electrics are done, but trying to get the exhaust guy to re run pipes to the turbo yesterday doesn't seem to happen on this little island off Australia, likewise waiting for oil fittings to arrive for the remote filter, sounds like 'the bet' was more about dollars than time anyway, so i'm off to work tomorrow, maybe the next day, and see how things go after that.

slightly pissed off, but either way, I win with a cool car that's so far cost me $50 on top of stuff i should have used in the first place :)

The air filter is just off an old gas conversion setup, they're everywhere and worthless here, plan is to cut and modify to a pipe size suiting the turbo

cheers,
Dan.

I've just come inside from a project i've been dared into, currently looking for some inspiration, just thought i'd share it with you.

Whilst having a couple of beers with a mate the other night, I was bet I couldn't turn my little paddock ap6 ute into an animal for under $1000, fortunately, i have quite a few spares lying around, the time frame's by the end of the month (around 6 days, of which i have to work a couple)

IMG_3210.jpg

The last few days have been spent pulling down an old chrysler by chrysler, for brakes (cause i want it to stop too) and drivelint to throw at this little lightweight of a ute.

IMG_3206.jpg

Out with the old

IMG_3209.jpg

And in with the new(er)

IMG_3198.jpg

So far, lower control arms and brakes have been changed from drums to girlock discs, nolathane lower bushes, the change of lower arm now has the capacity for an anti roll bar, steering had a quarter of a turn free play, so a better box was sourced and idler arm replaced while acces was easy.

just heading back out to attempt to lower motor and auto in now.

cheers all,

The green 4 door car with the white top looks almost like a 71 Dodge Coronet. Love them Aussie cars!!

Geez it's been a while, have been in another state focusing on another car over the last few months, back in tassie for a week so out of the shed comes the lil black animal again,

Points distributor ended up with a crack in the cap, so as opposed to buying another cap i found an electric one in the shed, played around for a good half hour trying to re set timing on motor, only to find theres two seperate timing marks 90 degrees apart on the ballancer %$##@&%$$%##!!

today i have a few hours of work on, then hopefully i'll fab that intake down to the diameter i want and hopefully start running oil lines to the turbo.

sorry for the delay all.

Dan..

-
Back