The birth of a green fish

-

shadango

Reaction score
Hi all...

I wanted to check in and followup .....

So many of you were so helpful in my search for "my car".

I have been working on the car at every spare waking (and some non waking I think) moment......after 2 months and 2 days since being flat-bedded home, my car lives!

There is still a lot of work to do.....but rolling her out of the garage under her own power for the first time was so cool! :cheers::cheers::cheers::toothy10:

My wife videotaped the blessed event :-D and I posted the video here......

http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/...a video/?action=view&current=fishelives01.flv

She doesnt have an exhaust yet....that is my next step/decision......thinking about having the local Meineke shop do a custom job for me with either Magnaflow or Flowmaster muffs. I was considering going with a kit exhaust but none of them include the head pipes I need (I am running stock exhaust manifolds right now)....so not sure what to do yet....I am still coming down from the high of hearing her run!

Thanks for posting, Shadango. I remember your quest for an A-body before you came across the 'Cuda. It makes me cry when I think of the '72 340 'Cuda I gave away before I moved to Texas.

Good luck with your 'Cuda and keep us posted on your progress.

Hearing her run and seeing it move in reverse and in drive is awesome, it appears to be in great shape but appears to need a carb and timimg adjustment. Congrats definately a high that needs to be refueled every so often!

Thanks folks!

I was told that once I get an exhaust on (and the backpressure that goes iwth it) it should smooth out some......The engine came from road runner that I am told ran great....it was pulled just about 6 months ago....I didnt touch timing or carb or anything yet......gonna wait till the pipes are on....thats one decision I cant come to a decision on yet....LOL...I think I am leaning towards flowmasters....

I was told that once I get an exhaust on (and the backpressure that goes iwth it) it should smooth out some.:read2:
I was thinking the same thing shadango8) as I watched your family get fired up and enjoying it with you.
Good Job Dad, Congrat's and yes!! keep us updated.

I Thought I was going to see you put a hickey on your drive way :toothy10:but then I said No!! the hoods up :cheers:

-
Back