The Dakota thread !

-
got mine new in2002,now has only 60k,but is rusting out bad , above rear wheels and tailgate.

Attachments

• STA_0177.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 206
got mine new in2002,now has only 60k,but is rusting out bad , above rear wheels and tailgate.

Rust sucks. Guess I got lucky as mine has almost zero rust. Just a small bit on the inside of the tailgate.

btw: Are those the original wheels? They look like the 01 and earlier trucks. Same basic shape as my 02's but a little different. Look at mine in post #34 and you'll see what I mean

I have a 1998 Dakota with the 5.2L. This truck was my first project in high school. I repainted it viper red and color matched everything. I shaved the antenna, emblems, and roll pan in. Its starting to look a little rough now cause its just sitting out in the sun alot now. So the clear is peeling off. I have done alot of mods but I don't want to list them all now since I am on my phone. Maybe later when I get on my laptop.

998_0426.jpg

998_0425.jpg

Rust sucks. Guess I got lucky as mine has almost zero rust. Just a small bit on the inside of the tailgate.

btw: Are those the original wheels? They look like the 01 and earlier trucks. Same basic shape as my 02's but a little different. Look at mine in post #34 and you'll see what I mean
this was a base 4x4 with steel wheels and 205/75/15 tires,the rims are remans that came with the goodyear tires that i found with 200 miles on them for 700 bucks, off a 2000 ,wheel flares are used too from local junk yard.i also add factory cruise control and factory cd /radio.
i used to dodge dealer tech for 17 years before becomeing fork lift tech.

this was a base 4x4 with steel wheels and 205/75/15 tires,the rims are remans that came with the goodyear tires that i found with 200 miles on them for 700 bucks, off a 2000 ,wheel flares are used too from local junk yard.i also add factory cruise control and factory cd /radio.
i used to dodge dealer tech for 17 years before becomeing fork lift tech.

Gotcha. What a coincidence. We've got trucks that look alike and I'm a retired forklift tech.

Gotcha. What a coincidence. We've got trucks that look alike and I'm a retired forklift tech.
forklifts have been the best thing that ever happen to me,i make more money that i did working on cars,love being out in the field and i get to take the service van home.

'98 Dakota. Originally 318/5 Speed. Now 408 stroker, 5 speed. lowered 5/7. 3.92 gears, boyd coddington billet wheels. An absolute blast to drive! Currently trying to locate a Paxton supercharger.

Attachments

• dakresize.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 193
'98 Dakota. Originally 318/5 Speed. Now 408 stroker, 5 speed. lowered 5/7. 3.92 gears, boyd coddington billet wheels. An absolute blast to drive! Currently trying to locate a Paxton supercharger.

Get with Miradamegacab. He can tell you where to find one

I'll play along. here's our 2000 R/T. We are the second owners. Nice fast
ride. It's the wife's summer driver.

Attachments

• 100_2374.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_2376.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_2380.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 170
-
Back