The engine was just rebuilt I was told!!!

-
It doesn't appear to have any miles on it from the pics. Almost looks like a stock rebuild on a low mileage engine It is way too clean to be a factory engine out of the 80's. I would clean it up and run it. Just my two cents.

Well first of all if he told you these things and you find out he was lieing the there are grounds for a law suite. It is called MISS REPRESENTATION OF SALES DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICE. Do you have a witness to what he said? I sued a guy for lieing to me on a 14ft boat. He told me no holes in the body. Come to find out there was an 8inch hole filled with bondo dead center of the boat. If you care to teach him a lesson then sue his *** if not just build it the way you want it and have fun. Me.......I'd teach him a lesson.

20180414_142011_optimized.jpg

Well first of all if he told you these things and you find out he was lieing the there are grounds for a law suite. It is called MISS REPRESENTATION OF SALES DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICE. Do you have a witness to what he said? I sued a guy for lieing to me on a 14ft boat. He told me no holes in the body. Come to find out there was an 8inch hole filled with bondo dead center of the boat. If you care to teach him a lesson then sue his *** if not just build it the way you want it and have fun. Me.......I'd teach him a lesson.
Needs to in writing in the bill of sale. I consulted a lawyer after my purchase about misrepresentation. It is treated as a used car.

I tried to get him to acknowledge his deception and do the right thing. Not happening. Truth is, he is a very strong, muscle bound man and I value my hands, (I am a dentist), so i did not want to provoke him into violence. Also, he is leaving to California on saturday so a small claims issue would be more time and money from me. The worst is lying to my face. Oh well, I will make the best of it.

Needs to in writing in the bill of sale. I consulted a lawyer after my purchase about misrepresentation. It is treated as a used car.
In my state (Texas) proof of deception is all you need. I had nothing in writing but the testimonies of 2 boat repair shops sealed the deal. I am truely sorry for both of you. People now a days have no conscious or morals when it comes to telling the truth about what they are selling. When this world ends they will get theirs....and they won't like what they get. Race on gentlemen. A Bodies forever!!!!!

Though he is a POS, you have to be smarter in the future with your purchases, which I'm sure you will be after this experience. Me I this case I would have told him I want it but that you want to tear it down to verify it is what he is claiming, if he says no? Run like the wind.

Though he is a POS, you have to be smarter in the future with your purchases, which I'm sure you will be after this experience. Me I this case I would have told him I want it but that you want to tear it down to verify it is what he is claiming, if he says no? Run like the wind.

I will never be mislead again. I have a trusting nature but I will not be fooled again.

On a good note, I have taken the motor apart more. I found the crank to be number 2206160 which I think makes it a forged crank. The connecting rods are 2951908 which are six pack rods. A little heavy, any problem with them in a 500 hp build?

The pistons look good to me on the sides, as well as the cylinders. Are these stock pistons? The cylinder diameter is stock 4.320

The lifters look brand new.

The main bearing I pulled as well as the rod bearing are decent but I may replace them.

I think I will start a build thread tomorrow with this info as well

7DF9C1B9-4F75-41A6-9B46-2B778E552FC4.jpeg

2D1CF9E8-00EE-4014-A672-C4E08526CFA5.jpeg

93C4433F-2B72-4CBE-85ED-FD1C449CED95.jpeg

566321A9-F528-4202-9436-9E479F112C18.jpeg

07D8BE9E-62D4-4B33-B6B0-E0D9B0AFB989.jpeg

4.320 bore is stock 440 bore. Look on the back of a few bearings. They usually have the month and year on them that they were made. 500 hp is a safe goal with those rods and pistons.

Sounds like you are a nice guy. Be the bigger person and just make it what you want. Piss on that guy. He's an asshole. You're not. Trust me, this will come back good to you somehow.......and it will come back bad to him as well.

Sounds like you are a nice guy. Be the bigger person and just make it what you want. Piss on that guy. He's an asshole. You're not. Trust me, this will come back good to you somehow.......and it will come back bad to him as well.
Yup I call that Karma.

Those rod bearings look like they've seen a bit of trash in the oil. Are the uppers showing copper? Also, that looks like a cast piston.

Not sure about the upper bearings but I will be replacing all the bearings while I have it open. I plan to replace the pistons as well as the intake and heads and cam. I will leave the crank alone if it all looks good when I have it out

No doubt those are stock replacement cast pistons. But depending on what you're goals are, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course, it is bad if he said they were forged, cause they ain't.

One good suggestion. I did this on a 383 build. Float the rods on the pistons and balance out...big blocks love this along with balanced crank. I am a small blocker by heart as you can see from my picture but I lived 3 blocks over from Gene Snow growing up.....advantage Henry lol. Good luck...you will have a great build when you are done. Say....can you do implants or dentures?.

I plan to balance the entire rotating assembly. Just not sure If I will replace the rods. It would probably be easier to get matched rods and pistons as a set. And yes I do implants and some dentures. It is usually easier for replacement dentures to go to a Denturist but denture connected to implants I would do.

I plan to balance the entire rotating assembly. Just not sure If I will replace the rods. It would probably be easier to get matched rods and pistons as a set. And yes I do implants and some dentures. It is usually easier for replacement dentures to go to a Denturist but denture connected to implants I would do.
LOL....Ilive in Texas. I would weigh the cost of replacing the rods against having those shaved. More than likely cost will be less to balance match the ones you have. Running an automatic trans too make sure of fly wheel and converter. I ran into an issue with those on my 340 build. Have you thought about a degree kit for cam? Would increase low torque at little expense.

LOL....Ilive in Texas. I would weigh the cost of replacing the rods against having those shaved. More than likely cost will be less to balance match the ones you have. Running an automatic trans too make sure of fly wheel and converter. I ran into an issue with those on my 340 build. Have you thought about a degree kit for cam? Would increase low torque at little expense.
I was just talking to a buddy about a degree kit yesterday. Well he was telling me about it. I will have to look into it.

-
Back