The for sale section

Does everyone think theres a sucker born every minute or does everything hold value?

• Yes, I'd sell you skid marked under ware if I thought you'd pay

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Yep, if I owned it.. its priceless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A sucker born er'day? Yes and sometimes they twins.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No, its invaluable..now come back to my hoard cave so I can show my treasures..

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I think I greased my cheeks, let me get back to you..

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
-
I do get a little agitated when I see inflated prices for stuff, but I also see the same stuff for sale a month later...no buyers. I've seen the same NOS Mopar mushroom lifters on my craigslist for $135 for about 8 months now. Wake up bro, no one wants them for $135. If you wanna move them, lower the price. "$500 or best offer"..Ill give you $175, I can let it go for $300" So post $300 as the price! You'll get a lot more bites with a realistic price.
The entire point of a seemingly near the top of actual market value ..is to work your way to a mutually beneficial price.

I have an intake manifold listed that I started at more than what they typically go for...but that was so I could end up right near where somebody wants/willing to pay that'll be worth the trip to the post office for me. I'd like something for nothing too, but this isnt cheap or you wouldnt be looking for it here!
Anybody decent will meet at a reasonable price. As a buyer I have no problem offer what I think its worth to me, in my end of the market, no one has to sell it to me for that...but it does sometimes act as a reality check for some sellers.

Selling (mostly shipping) parts is a pain in the patoot! But I love helping people with their projects. So when I get involved, I try an figure out if this is somebody actually working on a project. It's usually pretty easy with a few leading questions - everybody who is working on something wants to talk about their project...

The entire point of a seemingly near the top of actual market value ..is to work your way to a mutually beneficial price.

I have an intake manifold listed that I started at more than what they typically go for...but that was so I could end up right near where somebody wants/willing to pay that'll be worth the trip to the post office for me. I'd like something for nothing too, but this isnt cheap or you wouldnt be looking for it here!
Anybody decent will meet at a reasonable price. As a buyer I have no problem offer what I think its worth to me, in my end of the market, no one has to sell it to me for that...but it does sometimes act as a reality check for some sellers.

STR hit on a bit of the problem in the post before mine. Shipping is a killer on most stuff. I have some really nice W2 heads that won’t get used but the shipping makes selling them on a forum near impossible. Or I have to drop the price enough to move them. It’s a loose/loose deal for the seller.

I had them at a swap meet on Sunday but all the tire kickers just complained about buying an intake, different headers and rockers. I knew at that point it was going to be a long day. It was.

STR hit on a bit of the problem in the post before mine. Shipping is a killer on most stuff. I have some really nice W2 heads that won’t get used but the shipping makes selling them on a forum near impossible. Or I have to drop the price enough to move them. It’s a loose/loose deal for the seller.

I had them at a swap meet on Sunday but all the tire kickers just complained about buying an intake, different headers and rockers. I knew at that point it was going to be a long day. It was.

Yeah that's classic...cause if they know they want w2.. they already knew what all it takes to work. :rolleyes:

I haven't bought anything lately as my car is basically done but i have and all of it was considered a "good deal" to me.

I need one peice of chrome trim for the driver side quarter window and it was kinda expensive. I bought it and was happy. You know why?

I had been looking for that last part off on on for YEARS.

(funny story, i never put that trim on the car for some reason. Years later I wanted to put it on and dam if I could not find it.....

It just turned back up about two weeks ago. Maybe this time I will put it on the car....)

:)

-
Back