The future?

-

Lost Bushman

Rich with Anti-Money
Reaction score
I got this video sent to me in an email from one of my buddies back in AZ, it's from Jay Leno's Garage show, which I've never watched because I can't stand Leno, but it does showcase some amazing new technology that probably will directly affect our hobby. Also, just like our cars and many of us, born right here in AMERICA! Give it a watch and let me know what you think.

http://widgets.nbc.com/o/47f1317f10...fe70d4555df05a/9e46bd46/-cpid/ba4377d3bfd6c81

That's good stuff. Acutally, rapid prototyping has been around for a number of years, as well as 3-D scanning.

I've heard of it, but never actually seen the process done before. I also I had no idea it could duplicate moving parts. It reminded me of the replicators from the Star Trek: Next Generation TV show.

I've heard of it, but never actually seen the process done before. I also I had no idea it could duplicate moving parts. It reminded me of the replicators from the Star Trek: Next Generation TV show.

X2. I was thinking the same thing about this being something you would see on Star Trek: TNG.

Although the 3D scanning and prototyping is amazing, the ability to make a working mechanical part without disassemby is ASTOUNDING. I want one

Grant

If only it printed forged parts already...

But, this thing is sooooo awesome!!! Now to gather $20,000 to get one! Imagine all the things you could copy...

-
Back