The I feel like **** and and workers comp is taking forever rant thread

-
Thanks again guys. I am hoping to go fishing this Friday to try and focus my mind on other things. I don't know what is worse, the pain or sitting here all day every day unable to do anything... Makes me feel worthless as I don't do anything productive and have no influence on anything...

Hang in there man. My wife (who is also nearly the same age as you at 29) blew 2 of her lower discs out last July at work. She had terrible pain in her back and down her legs. We had a discogram performed and everything. We showed that she legitimately had a serious problem. Workers comp is nearly impossible to deal with so we ended up having to get a lawyer to move things along rather deal with those people ourselves. That was a HUGE help. There have been so many times that my wife was in tears from pain, suffering, lost sleep, dealing with a seemingly non-existent workers comp company, and just feeling worthless. It's a battle physically and mentally. She just had her surgery just this last Friday, 9 months after the accident. That's how long it took to get everything approved for surgery. We had to go to court and everything. That's one recommendation I can give you is to get a lawyer to handle things. They will make sure you are getting paid correctly and they will deal with all the other BS. I wished we had got a lawyer from the beginning. Stay strong. It's tough, but you'll get there.

-
Back